Belle Plaine City Council Meeting
City Hall – Council Chambers
Monday July 1, 2019 @ 6:00 pm
1. Call to order
2. Roll Call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Approval of Consent Agenda, Council Minutes of June 17, 2019,& bills received.
5. Resident Comments
6. Signing of the City Proclamation celebrating the 100th anniversary of the founding of Rotary International.
7. Animal Hearing dealing with a Municipal Infraction of Chapter 57 of the Belle Plaine City Code.
8. Discuss for possible council approval the elimination of a city tax assessment of $1,679.42 for unpaid water, sewer, & garbage utilities on the property at 702 15th Street. (Lyle Morrow)
9. Committee of the Whole:
A. Handicapped person in the Corn Belt Building requests a 24-7 handicapped parking.
B. Discuss allowing a neighborhood block party
10. Discuss for approval Dan Foley being approved for serving on the Planning & Zoning Board.
11. A. City Treasurer’s Report: City Clerk (May)
B. City Budget Report: May (City Clerk)
12. A Discuss for approval a third & final reading of Ordinance #87: an ordinance change dealing with water rates.
12. B. Discuss for approval a third & final reading of Ordinance #99: an ordinance change dealing with sewer rates.
13. Motion for the approval of the 2019-2020 cigarette licenses.
14. Discuss for possible approval Resolution # 19-07-1: A resolution correcting the C.O.L.A. raise for the Chief of Police Kris Hudson.
15. Motion to approve Change order #2 for the Ultraviolet Disinfection & Flow Equalization Basin Additions to the Water Pollution Control Facility for the City of Belle Plaine.
16. City Administrators Report: Review Grant Program
17. Mayor’s Report: Committee Reports or Updates (ECICOG & BDG)
19. Correspondence: None
20. Old Business: Court Case: Belle Plaine vs. Robert Brown/Valarie Brown (Results)
Court Case: Belle Plaine vs. Gary Wayne Yeakle (Order)
you need accommodations to attend
a Belle Plaine City Council meeting
Title VI Coordinator/ City Administrator
@ 319-444-2200 for arrangements.