Belle Plaine City Council Meeting
City Hall – Council Chambers
Wednesday November 6, 2019 @ 6:00 pm
- Call to order
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Consent Agenda, Council Minutes of October 23, 2019, receiving & filing of the minutes from the October 22, 2019 meeting of the Belle Plaine Community Library Board of Trustees meeting & bills received.
- Resident Comments
- Pilot program with ECICOG concerning backyard composting. (Alicia Presto)
- Report concerning the Rural Access Center of Benton County.
- Park & Recreation Board Report: Lance Hinschberger.
- Approval of resolution #19-11-1: a resolution approving that the City of Belle Plaine applying for financial assistance from the Department of Agriculture concerning the Water System Study.
- Discuss for approval the Class C Liquor License (LC) (Commercial) with outdoor Service and Sunday Sales for the Oasis at 728 12 Street, Belle Plaine, Iowa.
- Discuss for possible approval a Belle Plaine business incentive grant for Janet Johnson, the Hair Hut at 903 13th Street, Belle Plaine, Iowa.
- Discuss for possible approval a Belle Plaine Business Incentive grant for Storm Realty (Robert Storm) @ 1206 8th Avenue, Belle Plaine, Iowa.
- Belle Plaine Community Development Corporation requests the closing of the following streets &/or Avenues for the Holiday Homecoming celebration:
A. 8th Avenue N/S from the City Hall alley to the railroad tracks – All day on November 30.
B. Close 12th Street from 8th Avenue to 9th Avenue from 1:00 pm to 7:15 pm on November 30th.
- A. City Treasurer’s Report: City Clerk (September)
- City Administrator’s Report: Not yet
- Mayor’s Report:
- Correspondence: Materials from Belle Plaine Holiday Homecoming.
- Old Business: none
- Resident Comments
- Consideration of a Motion to Enter into Closed Session – Iowa Code 21.5 (1) (c) To discuss strategy with counsel in matters that are presently in litigation or where litigation is imminent where its disclosure would be likely to prejudice or disadvantage the position of the governmental body in that litigation.
- Motion to come out of closed session.
- Possible motion & proposal on actions to be taken from closed session.
If you need accommodations to attend a Belle Plaine City Council meeting
please contact Title VI Coordinator/ City Administrator or Mayor @ 319-444-2200 for arrangements.