Belle Plaine City Council Meeting
City Hall – Council Chambers
Thursday January 2, 2020 @ 6:00 pm
1. Call to order
2. Roll Call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Approval of Consent Agenda, Council Minutes of December 18, 2019, receiving & filing of the minutes from the December 17, 2019 meeting of the Belle Plaine Community Library Board of Trustees meeting & bills received.
5. Resident Comments
6. A. Discuss for possible approval the renewal of a Class C Liquor License (LC) (Commercial) with Sunday sales to O’Leary’s Office Tap LLC at 825 12th Street, Belle Plaine, Iowa.
B. Discuss for possible approval the renewal of a Class C Beer Permit (BC), Class B Wine Permit & Sunday sales for Dollar General Store # 6648 at 1406 Sunset Drive, Belle Plaine, Iowa.
C. Discuss for possible approval the renewal of a Class C Liquor License (LC) (Commercial) with Outdoor Services & Sunday sales for Jennings Bradshaw Post #39 at 1008 12th Street, Belle Plaine, Iowa.
7. Discuss for possible approval Resolution # 20-01-01: a resolution approving the transfer of funds from one fund to another.
8. Set Budget Workshop meeting for January 13, 2020 at 6:00 pm in Council Chambers at City Hall.
9. City Administrator’s Report: TIF’s
10. Mayor’s Report: Review any committee updates esp. ECICOG report on Department of Ag grant meeting.
11. Correspondence: None
12. Old Business: none
13. Resident Comments
14. Consideration of a Motion to Enter into Closed Session – Iowa Code 21.5 (1) (c) To discuss strategy with counsel in matters that are presently in litigation or where litigation is imminent where its disclosure would be likely to prejudice or disadvantage the position of the governmental body in that litigation.
15. Motion to come out of closed session.
16. Possible motion & proposal on actions to be taken from closed session.
If you need accommodations to attend a Belle Plaine City Council meeting please contact Title VI Coordinator/ City Administrator or Mayor
@ 319-444-2200 for arrangements.