|TO:||BENTON COMMUNITY BOARD OF EDUCATION|
|FROM:||DR. PAM EWELL, SUPERINTENDENT|
|RE:||WORK SESSION – BOARD MEETING|
|TIME:||6:00 P.M. WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 8, 2020|
|PLACE:||CENTRAL ADMINISTRATION OFFICE BOARD ROOM|
|304 1ST STREET, VAN HORNE, IA 52346|
6:00 P.M.. WORK SESSION
- CALL TO ORDER 6:00 P.M.
- APPROVE AGENDA Motion Thompson, Second Ludeking
- Piper Sander Matt Gillapsie, District Capital Projects Funding
- ARCHITECTURAL RFP’s
- ADJOURNMENT Motion Nolte, Second Thompson
Present: Pat Stepanek, Theresa Ludeking, Theresa Thompson, Matt Nolte, Emily Upah, Anna Upah, Doug Embray, Dr. Ewell, Jason West, Phil Eastman
- Matt Gillapsie, Piper Sandler provided the board information on capital project funding options specific to Benton CSD. Topics included District Cash Position, Grant Opportunities for Public Schools, Sales Tax Revenue Bonding Options, General Obligation Bonding Options. Discussion as to future needs with regard to current resolution to Sales Tax Revenue Bonding, Election Cycles and promotion of question for funding, Physical Plant and Equipment historical use and future possibilities. Board provided handout and included for board record.
- Dr. Ewell and Director Stepanek led a discussion on submittals for Request for Proposals from firms to lead the district in facility study and district master planning for capital projects improvements. Eight firms have submitted RFP’s. The board reviewed the current evaluation of the firms and discussed submittal booklets. The board is interested in developing a ‘short list of firms’ to interview at a future date. Material was provide for Directors to review. Dr. Ewell will schedule action for interview process to be determined at the February board meeting with selected firm interviews to be announced and scheduled for work session after February board action. Handouts provide include background booklets for submitting firms, fee proposals for submitting firms, and categorical evaluation of firm submittals. Board members discussed need to be thorough in review of material provided. This preparation will require time to process material.
Work Session Closed 9:05 P.M.