Atkins City Council of Atkins Iowa
Council Meeting Agenda
Tuesday February 4, 2020 at 7:00 PM
Atkins City Hall – 480 Third Avenue, Atkins Iowa
NOTICE AND CALL OF PUBLIC MEETING. The Mayor and Council welcome comments from the public during discussion. You are required to state your name and address for the record and to limit the time used to present your remarks in order that others may be given an opportunity to speak. The order of business is at the discretion of the Chair. The audio portion of this meeting may be recorded.
- Call to Order and Roll Call by Mayor Bruce Visser.
- Council comments concerning the Consent Agenda items and motion to approve.
-City Council Minutes of Regular Meeting January 20, 2020.
-Receive and file: Iowa DNR, Water Supply Construction Permit 2020-0114W relating to the Stone Ridge Development. Summary – 2,030 feet 8 inch water main extension.
-File: Mayor report indicating the Water Monitoring Violation Notice is completed.
-List of Bills for Approval.
Note: the Public Hearing scheduled for this date concerning the Proposed Property Tax Levy, Fiscal Year July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021 (FY 21) will be rescheduled during this meeting to a later date.
- Presentation and discussion of Atkins Fire Department Budget FY21 information, by Dan Rammelsberg. Atkins Fire Chief.
- Discussion and motion to proceed, to create an agreement between City of Atkins and Linn-Benton Fire district to supply fire protection to Rural Fire District area.
- Motion to adopt RESOLUTION 769 APPROVING FUND TRANSFERS FOR THE FISCAL YEAR 2019 – 2020, GENERAL FUND TO THE FIRE DEPARTMENT ACCOUNT FOR THE CITY OF ATKINS IOWA,
- Report from Public Works.
- Motion to adopt RESOLUTION 772 ADOPTING CITY OF ATKINS SUPPLEMENTAL SPECIFICATIONS TO THE STATEWIDE URBAN DESIGN AND SPECIFICATIONS (SUDAS) PROGRAM 2020 EDITION.
- Motion to adopt RESOLUTION 773 APPROVING FUNDS FOR BENTON COUNTY ISU EXTENSION AND OUTREACH SUMMER SCIENCE DISCOVERY CAMPS 2020 TO BE HELD IN ATKINS IOWA.
- Discussion and possible action to create a City Administrator position.
- Discussion concerning the City of Atkins Budget FY21.
- Discussion and possible action concerning the Proposed Property Tax Levy, Fiscal Year July 1, 2020 – June, 2021 (FY21) for the City of Atkins.
- Set a date and time to conduct a public hearing to consider the Proposed Property Tax Levy, Fiscal Year July 1, 2020 – June, 2021 (FY21) for the City of Atkins. Proposed date is February 17, 2020 at 7:00 pm to be held at Atkins City Hall, 480 Third Avenue Atkins Iowa.
- Set a date and time for a special City Council meeting Work Session to discuss City of Atkins Budget FY21. Proposed date is Thursday, February 13, 2020 at 7:00 pm, to be held at Atkins City Hall, 480 Third Avenue Atkins Iowa.
- Set next Regular Council Meeting to be held Monday February 17, 2020 at 7:00 pm, at Atkins City Hall, 480 Third Avenue Atkins Iowa.
- Open the meeting for other business.
This Notice is given at the direction of the Mayor pursuant to Chapter 21, Code of Iowa, and the local rules of the City of Atkins, Iowa.
Amber Bell, City Clerk