City of Atkins Iowa – City Council Meeting Agenda
Monday February 17 2020, at 7:00 PM
Atkins City Hall – 480 Third Avenue, Atkins Iowa
NOTICE AND CALL OF PUBLIC MEETING. The Mayor and Council welcome comments from
the public during discussion. You are required to state your name and address for the record
and to limit the time used to present your remarks in order that others may be given an
opportunity to speak. The order of business is at the discretion of the Chair. The audio portion
of this meeting may be recorded.
- Call to Order and Roll Call by Mayor Bruce Visser
- Council comments concerning the Consent Agenda items and motion to approve.
-Approval of City Council Minutes.
-Receive and file: Engineers report dated February 17, 2020.
–List of Bills for Approval.
- Conduct a public hearing. The Council meeting in progress will be interrupted at 7:30
pm to conduct a Public Hearing concerning the Proposed Property Tax Levy, Fiscal
Year July 1, 2020 – June, 2021 (FY21) for the City of Atkins.
- Motion to open the public hearing
- Accept written comments
- Accept oral comments
- Motion to close the public hearing.
- Motion to adopt RESOLUTION 771 APPROVAL OF MAXIMUM PROPERTY TAX
LEVY, FISCAL YEAR JULY 1, 2020 – JUNE 30, 2021 (FY21) FOR THE CITY OF
- Discussion concerning an agreement between City of Atkins and Linn-Benton Fire
- Update and discussion concerning the Fire Apparatus – Pumper purchase.
- Discussion on City Administrator position.
- Discussion and possible action concerning economic development.
- Discussion and possible action concerning the future Public Warning Siren program.
10.Discussion concerning the City of Atkins Budget FY21 and motion to approve the
amounts in the Proposed City Budget, Fiscal Year July 1, 2020 – June, 2021 (FY21) for
Atkins using the information as presented and prepare Budget Estimate, post notices
and publish as required by law.
1 of 2
- Set a date and time to conduct a public hearing to consider a resolution to adopt the
City Budget, Fiscal Year July 1, 2020 – June, 2021 (FY21) for the City of Atkins, Iowa.
Proposed date and time is Monday, March 2, 2020 at 7:30 pm to be held at Atkins City
Hall, 480 Third Avenue Atkins Iowa.
12. Report from Public Works.
13. Set next Regular Council Meeting to be held Monday March 2, 2020 at 7:00 pm, at
Atkins City Hall, 480 Third Avenue Atkins Iowa.
14. Open the meeting for other business.
This Notice is given at the direction of the Mayor pursuant to Chapter 21, Code of
Iowa, and the local rules of the City of Atkins, Iowa.
Amber Bell, City Clerk