**NOTICE TO VOTERS**
GENERAL ELECTION NOVEMBER 3, 2020
ABSENTEE VOTING IN THE AUDITOR’S OFFICE: Absentee ballots will be available on, Monday, October 5, 2020, at the Benton County Auditor’s Office and may be voted in the office until 5:00 p.m., Monday, November 2, 2020.
ABSENTEE BALLOTS BY MAIL: A ballot may be mailed to you upon your request. Requests can be in writing (you must include your name, address, date of birth, date, name of election and signature) or on an official absentee ballot request form. Requests must be received by the auditor’s office no later than 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 24th, 2020. Official forms may be obtained by contacting the auditor’s office or by clicking on the link to Benton County’s website under Elections and Voting: https://elections.bentoncountyia.gov/
VOTER REGISTRATION: You must be registered to vote to participate in the General Election. Registration may be done in several ways.
- You may register in person in the auditor’s office. The deadline is 5:00 p.m., Saturday, October 24th, 2020.
- You may mail your registration to the auditor’s office. Voter registrations that are mailed and not received by 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 24, 2020, must be postmarked by Monday, October 19th, 2020.
- Election Day Registration – You may register at your polling place on Election Day by presenting a current photo ID and proof of residency to the election officials. Contact the auditor’s office for a list of approved documents.
VOTER ID REQUIREMENTS: Voters who are unable to show ID (or prove residence if required) may have their identities attested to by another registered voter in the precinct or have the right to cast a provisional ballot. Election Day Registrant attesters must also show ID. Call the Secretary of State’s Office at 1-888-SOS-VOTE or the County Auditor’s Office at 319-472-2365 with any questions or concerns.
VOTING EQUIPMENT TESTING: A public test of the Unisyn optical scan precinct count units will begin on Monday, September 28, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
EXTENDED HOURS: The Benton County Auditor’s Office will be open
- Saturday, October 24, 2020, from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, October 30, 2020, from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 31, 2020, from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. and
- Monday, November 2, 2020, from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
CONTACT: The Benton County Auditor’s Office if you have questions regarding voter registration, absentee voting, or other election related issues:
HAYLEY RIPPEL, BENTON COUNTY AUDITOR
P.O. BOX 549
VINTON, IOWA 52349