The City of Belle Plaine approved both Trunk or Treat & Trick or Treat for Saturday October 31. Trunk or Treat will start at 2 p.m. and you should check the BPCDC Facebook page for the details of the event. (This event is sponsored by BPCDC.)
Cars will be spaced out & Face Masks are encouraged.
Trick or Treat Hours will be from 5 to 8:00 pm & if a resident does not wish to participate, turn off your porch light. Please respect a resident’s right to not participate in Trick or Treating. Face Masks are strongly encouraged for both the residents & those who participate in Trick or Treating.
The council would further like the public to know that Trick or Treating is a volunteer activity that is not recommended by the CDC this year.
The CDC has labeled the following activities as high-risk C-19 virus activities.
- Participating in traditional trick-or-treating where treats are handed to children who go door to door
- Having trunk-or-treat where treats are handed out from trunks of cars lined up in large parking lots
- Attending crowded costume parties held indoors
- Going to an indoor haunted house where people may be crowded together and screaming
- Going on hayrides or tractor rides with people who are not in your household
This year, the CDC is encouraging residents to CELEBRATE a COVID-19 HALLOWEEN CREATIVELY and here are a few helpful ideas to keep you and others extra safe while still celebrating Halloween:
- Make treat bags and hang them from streamers outside for kids to grab;
- Have a Halloween movie night with household members either at home or drive-in;
- Do reverse trick-or-treat by dropping off small gift bags on your neighbor’s porch;
- Put on a trunk-or-treat on your street (Halloween decorated car trunks) with socially distanced parked cars in driveways;
- Coordinate a contact-free neighborhood scavenger hunt;
WHILE THE CDC IS RECOMMENDING AGAINST NORMAL HALLOWEEN ACTIVITIES THE CITY OF BELLE PLAINE IS REMINDING EVERYONE IT IS A VOLUNTEER ACTIVITY AND IS NOT REQUIRED OF ANYONE.
AS FOR TRICK OR TREATING IN BELLE PLAINE THE OFFICIAL CITY HOURS ARE FROM 5 TO 8 PM AND THE CITY ENCOURAGES EVERYONE TO HAVE A SAFE TIME.
Mayor Dave Fish & the Belle Plaine City Council