Belle Plaine City Council Meeting
Wednesday January 20, 2021 @ 6:00 pm
- Call to order
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Consent Agenda, Council Minutes of January 6, 2021, Council Minutes of
January 11, 2021 & bills received.
- Resident Comments
- Open public hearing concerning the amending of the FY 2021 budget because of such items as COVID relief payments, insurance payouts, bond procedures, etc.
Close the public hearing.
- Discuss for possible approval Resolution #21-01-02: a resolution to amend the Belle Plaine city budget for FY 2021.
- Discussion with the Lincoln Highway Association concerning the Herring Hotel.
- BPCDC Report: TBA
- Police Report: Chief Hudson
- Budget review & possible vote of approval.
- Discuss for approval Resolution #21-01-03: a resolution to set the public hearing for the maximum levy budget hearing for February 17, 2021 at the Belle Plaine Community Center.
- Discuss for possible approval liquor license renewal including a Class C Beer Permit (BC), Class B Wine Permit and Sunday Sales for Country Foods at 1206 7th Avenue, in Belle Plaine, Iowa.
- A. City Treasurer’s Report: City Clerk (December)
B. City Budget Report: December (City Clerk)
- Motion to approve having Ashly Parizek placed on our bank signature cards.
- Motion to approve an official city newspaper. (The Hometown Current, Vinton, Star Press Union)
- City Administrator’s Report: Discuss the status of economic development, FEMA claims, & insurance report.
- Mayor’s Report: Possible meetings review.
- Correspondence: Mileage Memo: $.56 per mile
- Old Business: none
- Resident Comments
- Consideration of a motion to go into Closed Session – Iowa Code 21.5 Closed Session: concerning evaluation of the City Administrator:
1. A governmental body may hold a closed session only by affirmative public vote of either two-thirds of the members of the body or all of the members present at the meeting. A governmental body may hold a closed session only to the extent a closed session is necessary for any of the following reasons: i. To evaluate the professional competency of an individual whose appointment, hiring, performance or discharge is being considered when necessary to prevent needless and irreparable injury to that individual’s reputation and that individual requests a closed session.
- Motion to come out of Closed session.
- Motion & proposal on the actions to be taken from closed session.
If you need accommodations to attend a Belle Plaine City Council meeting please contact Title VI Coordinator/ City Administrator or Mayor @ 319-444-2200 for arrangements.