City of Atkins Iowa – City Council Meeting Agenda
City Council in Regular Session
Monday, February 1, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Due to storm damage at City Hall, the meeting will be held at St Stephens Lutheran Church,
Fellowship Hall -303 Third Ave, Atkins, Iowa
Due to Governor’s Declaration of Emergency – Meeting will be conducted via Teleconference
Limited public access is available at the Church
Instructions to access the meeting using teleconference application Webex; Webex.com – Video is not needed but may be available. Meeting number is 142 878 3546 , password NhbjPPy4V87. Meeting opens 15 minutes prior to the start time.
Without webex, Call the telephone number 1-510-338-9438
Enter access code 142 878 3546 # password 64257794 #, you will have access to hear and speak. *6 will mute and unmute your device.
Meeting opens 15 minutes prior to the start time. Contact the City Clerk at 319-446-7870 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to speak before the Council. Optional – but preferred.
NOTICE AND CALL OF PUBLIC MEETING. The Mayor and Council welcome comments from
the public during discussion. You are required to state your name and address for the record
and to limit the time used to present your remarks in order that others may be given an
opportunity to speak. The order of business is at the discretion of the Chair. The audio portion
of this meeting may be recorded.
Opening guidance to conduct the meeting using teleconference application Webex. Users are
requested to mute the video during times they are listening to preserve bandwidth in the
system. With audio only device (cell phone or landline), *6 will mute and unmute.
- Call to Order and Roll Call by Mayor Bruce Visser.
- Council comments concerning the Consent Agenda items and motion to approve.
- Approve Council Minutes of prior meetings.
- List of Bills for Approval.
- File: Letter from Benton County Extension requesting funds for Youth Summer
Camp in Atkins dated January 25, 2021.
- Discussion with Greg Walston Benton County Extension concerning Youth Summer
Camp in Atkins. Motion to approve funds to support the Youth Summer Camp in
- Discussion of City Budget FY22 information. Estimated revenues, Department
- Motion to set a Work Session Council meeting Subject: City Budget FY22.
- Motion to set a date for the public hearing of the City of Atkins Budget FY22
- Review of City policies; background / credit check, drug testing, physical exam.
- Storm Disaster Recovery.
- Library temporary location is the Main Park Pavilion building.
- City Hall office temporary location – public by appointment only. Electrical
- City Hall Council room cabinets.
- City Hall office counter reconfiguration.
- Tree and Branch debris. Street Tree Damage Assessment started January 30.
- Motion to approve Resolution 826 Award Contract for Tree Damage Assessment
- Motion to approve Resolution 827 Award Contract for Antenna removal from Old
- Disaster recovery planning for Fire Station and other post disaster recovery.
- Report from Public Works.
10. Public input.
- Set next Regular Council Meeting to be held Monday February 15, 2021 at 7 pm, at St Stephens Lutheran Church Fellowship Hall, 303 3rd Avenue, Atkins Iowa. Due to the Governor’s Declared State of Emergency the Council meeting may be conducted using teleconference. Meeting agenda will include instructions to access the meeting.
This Notice is given at the direction of the Mayor pursuant to Chapter 21, Code of Iowa, and
the local rules of the City of Atkins, Iowa.
Filed in the City Clerk office.