City of Atkins Iowa – City Council Meeting Agenda
City Council in Regular Session
Monday, March 1, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Due to storm damage at City Hall, the meeting will be held at St Stephens Lutheran Church, Fellowship Hall -303 Third Ave, Atkins, Iowa Due to Governor’s Declaration of Emergency – Meeting will be conducted via Teleconference
Limited public access is available at the Church
Instructions to access the meeting using teleconference application Webex; Webex.com – Video is not needed but may be available.
Meeting number is 182 863 4517 , password wHfeUxnW538
Meeting opens 15 minutes prior to the start time.
Without webex, Call the telephone number 1-510-338-9438
Enter access code 182 863 4517 # password 94338969 #, you will have access to hear and speak. *6 will mute and unmute your device. Meeting opens 15 minutes prior to the start time.
Contact the City Clerk at 319-446-7870 or email email@example.com if you plan to speak before the Council. Optional – but preferred.
NOTICE AND CALL OF PUBLIC MEETING. The Mayor and Council welcome comments from the public during discussion. You are required to state your name and address for the record and to limit the time used to present your remarks in order that others may be given an opportunity to speak. The order of business is at the discretion of the Chair. The audio portion of this meeting may be recorded.
Opening guidance to conduct the meeting using teleconference application Webex. Users are requested to mute the video during times they are listening to preserve bandwidth in the system. With audio only device (cell phone or landline), *6 will mute and unmute.
- Call to Order and Roll Call by Mayor Bruce Visser.
- Council comments concerning the Consent Agenda items and motion to approve.
- Approve Council Minutes of previous meetings.
- List of Bills for Approval.
- Conduct a Public Hearing concerning the Proposed Property Tax Levy, Fiscal Year
July 1, 2021 – June, 2022 (FY22) for the City of Atkins.
- The Chair opens the public hearing
- Accept written comments.
- Accept oral comments. Oral comments are limited to 3 minutes.
- Chair closes the public hearing.
- Motion to adopt RESOLUTION 831 APPROVAL OF MAXIMUM PROPERTY TAX
LEVY, FISCAL YEAR JULY 1, 2021 – JUNE 30, 2022 (FY22) FOR THE CITY OF
- Motion to adopt Resolution 832 INTENT TO FILL VACANCY ON CITY COUNCIL
BY CITY COUNCIL APPOINTMENT.
- Discussion of City Budget FY22 information.
- Discussion concerning the City Code Official, Inspector / Zoning administrator
- Motion to proceed with plaque display to indicate historical significance of Old
Water Tower at First street and 2nd Avenue, Atkins.
- Storm Disaster Recovery.
- Library temporary location is the Main Park Pavilion building.
- City Hall office temporary location – public by appointment only.
- City Hall Council room cabinets.
- City Hall office approval of furniture.
- Tree removal contract.
- Old Water Tower.
- Disaster recovery planning for Fire Station and other post disaster recovery.
10. Report from Public Works.
- Public input.
12. Set next Regular Council Meeting to be held Monday March 15, 2021 at 7:00 pm, at St Stephens Lutheran Church Fellowship Hall, 303 3rd Avenue, Atkins Iowa. Due to the Governor’s Declared State of Emergency the Council meeting may be conducted using teleconference. Meeting agenda will include instructions to access the meeting.
This Notice is given at the direction of the Mayor pursuant to Chapter 21, Code of Iowa, and the local rules of the City of Atkins, Iowa.
Filed in the City Clerk office.