City of Atkins Iowa – City Council Meeting Agenda
City Council in Regular Session
Monday, March 15, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Due to storm damage at City Hall, the meeting will be held at St Stephens Lutheran Church,
Fellowship Hall -303 Third Ave, Atkins, Iowa
Due to Governor’s Declaration of Emergency – Meeting will be conducted via Teleconference
Limited public access is available at the Church
Instructions to access the meeting using teleconference application Webex; Webex.com – Video is not needed but may be available. Meeting number is 182 666 3786 , password 8gN26p7PhaF. Meeting opens 15 minutes prior to the start time.
Without webex, Call the telephone number 1-510-338-9438
Enter access code 182 666 3786 # password 84626777 #, you will have access to hear
and speak. *6 will mute and unmute your device.
Meeting opens 15 minutes prior to the start time.
Contact the City Clerk at 319-446-7870 or email email@example.com if you plan to
speak before the Council. Optional – but preferred.
NOTICE AND CALL OF PUBLIC MEETING. The Mayor and Council welcome comments from
the public during discussion. You are required to state your name and address for the record
and to limit the time used to present your remarks in order that others may be given an
opportunity to speak. The order of business is at the discretion of the Chair. The audio portion of this meeting may be recorded.
Opening guidance to conduct the meeting using teleconference application Webex. Users are requested to mute the video during times they are listening to preserve bandwidth in the
system. With audio only device (cell phone or landline), *6 will mute and unmute.
- Call to Order and Roll Call by Mayor Bruce Visser.
- Council comments concerning the Consent Agenda items and motion to approve.
- Approve Council Minutes of March 1 and March 8, 2021.
- File: Engineers report 3-15-2021.
- Adopt Resolution 833 Setting Zoning administrator for the City of Atkins.
- Adopt Resolution 834 Setting the Building code official for the City of Atkins.
- Adopt Resolution 835 Agreement for Building Code Inspector services with the
City of Fairfax.
- Adopt Resolution 836 Approving Minor Boundary Change Plat for Stone Ridge
First Addition Lot 24 in the City of Atkins Iowa.
- Adopt Resolution 837 Approving Soccer Field Reservation for Flag Football.
- Adopt resolution 842 to adopt Personally Identifiable Information and Protected
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) Policy.
- Adopt resolution 843 to adopt Segregation of Duties Policy.
10. Adopt resolution 844 to adopt Fraud Reporting Policy
- List of Bills for Approval.
- Discussion of City Budget FY22 information.
- Motion to adopt Resolution 838 directing the Mayor to publish the proposed City
Budget for Fiscal Year July1, 2021 – June, 2022 (FY22) and set a Public Hearing to
be held March 29, 2021 concerning the adoption of the City Budget FY22.
- Motion to adopt Resolution 839 entering into an agreement with East Central Iowa
Council of Governments (ECICOG) for grant administration services related to Fire
- Discussion and possible action concerning City Administrator / City Clerk roles and
- Discussion on proposed public improvements at 1st Avenue and Railroad St.
- Motion to adopt Resolution 840 Approving Pay Application 4 to Garling Construction
for Storm damage repairs.
- Motion to adopt Resolution 841 approving payment to G Works for accounting
10.Storm Disaster Recovery.
- Library temporary location – update on Library services.
- City Hall office temporary location – public by appointment only.
- City Hall Council room cabinets.
- City Hall office approval of furniture.
- Tree removal contract.
- Disaster recovery planning for Fire Station and other post disaster recovery.
- Report from Public Works.
13.Set next Regular Council Meeting to be held Monday April 5, 2021 at 7:00 pm, at St Stephen’s Lutheran Church Fellowship Hall, 303 3rd Avenue, Atkins Iowa. Due to the Governor’s Declared State of Emergency the Council meeting may be conducted using teleconference. Meeting agenda will include instructions to access the meeting.
This Notice is given at the direction of the Mayor pursuant to Chapter 21, Code of Iowa, and the local rules of the City of Atkins, Iowa. Filed in the City Clerk office.