TO: BENTON COMMUNITY BOARD OF EDUCATION
FROM: DR. PAMELA EWELL, SUPERINTENDENT
RE: REGULAR BOARD MEETING
TIME: 6:00 p.m. – WEDNESDAY, MAY 19, 2021
PLACE: DISTRICT CENTRAL OFFICE – BOARD ROOM
304 1ST STREET VAN HORNE, IOWA 52346
The meeting will be held by the Board electronically and in person. To attend the meeting in person, please report to the back of the High School building (south doors near loading dock) where you will be met by an employee and guided to the library/media center. The audio & video board meeting will be shared in the library/media center.
Face masks are required, 6’ distancing.
Pres. Becker announcement: This meeting is held electronically and in person by the Board as per Iowa Code Section 21.8 which permits a governmental body to conduct a meeting by electronic means. Public access will be provided to the extent reasonably possible. The notice of the meeting on our school website indicating the “place from which the communication originates and where/how public access is provided to the conversation”, and meeting minutes will be kept.
MAY IS SCHOOL BOARD RECOGNITION MONTH!
- CALL TO ORDER
- DELEGATIONS, COMMUNICATIONS, CONSIDERATIONS OF ADDITIONAL ITEMS FOR THE AGENDA
- OPEN FORUM
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- OPN UPDATE AND PRESENTATION – FACILITIES STUDY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
- FACE MASKS
- Statement sent to all parents/staff as per IDPH announcement late Friday, May 14
- Iowa Department of Public Health, Iowa Department of Human Services, in consultation with Iowa Department of Education – guidance and recommendations, Childhood Illnesses chart
- THERAPY DOG
- NATALIE NESBITT
- CARES PROGRAM – KANSAS CITY
- PRIOR EXPERIENCE W/Therapy dog and acquiring, training, handler, scheduling
- SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT REPORT