Belle Plaine City Council Meeting
Wednesday June 16, 2021 @ 6:00 pm
1. Call to order
2. Roll Call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Approval of Consent Agenda, Council Minutes of June 2, 2021, & bills received.
5. Resident Comments
6. Public hearing concerning the building inspection at 1507 6th Avenue.
Possible decision will be made.
7. BPCDC report: A. Wrap up for the July 3rd & 4th celebration.
B. Discuss for possible approval outdoor service and blocking off the sidewalk & parking area in front of the Office on July 3 & 4, 2021 from 1:00 pm to 1:00 am.
8. Police Report: Chief Hudson
9. Discuss for possible approval a Belle Plaine Business Incentive Grant for Jennings-Bradshaw American Legion Post 39 at 1008 12th Street.
10. Discuss for possible approval a Belle Plaine Business Incentive Grant for Christene Vokoun- Spot Light Studio at 727 12th Street.
11. Discuss for possible approval Resolution #21-06-02 a resolution to include a cost-of-living raise (C.O.L.A.) for non-bargaining employees.
12. Discuss for possible approval the first reading of Ordinance No. 87 an ordinance amending the code of ordinances of the city of Belle Plaine, Iowa, by amending provisions pertaining to water rates. (Raise of $.20 per thousand gallons & raise of $.25 per thousand gallons.) Rates are based on bond closing rate study by Northland Securities.
13. Discuss for possible approval the first reading of Ordinance 99 an ordinance amending the code of ordinances of the city of Belle Plaine, Iowa by amending provisions pertaining to sewer service charges. (Raise of $.33 per thousand gallons)
Rates are based on bond closing rate study by Northland Securities
14. Discussion of property at 718 13th Street.
15. Discuss for approval the tobacco/cigarette licenses for the City of Belle Plaine, Iowa.
16. A. City Treasurer’s Report: May (Compiled by the City Clerk)
B. City Budget Report: May (Compiled by the City Clerk)
C. Solar Energy Report – waiting Eagle Point to come to a meeting.
17. City Administrator’s Report: Review police salary situation, other derecho updates & well report.
18. Mayor’s Report: Update on current meetings: Benton Development Group + League of Cities Convention. Discuss date for special meeting. (June 29,2021)
19. Correspondence: card & donation from the Moon family. (Police, Fire, Ambulance)
20. Old Business:
21. Resident Comments
If you need accommodations to attend
a Belle Plaine City Council meeting please contact
Title VI Coordinator/ City Administrator or Mayor
@ 319-444-2200 for arrangements.