Belle Plaine City Council Meeting
Wednesday July 21, 2021 @ 6:00 pm
1. Call to order
2. Roll Call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Approval of Consent Agenda, Council Minutes of July 7, 2021, & bills received.
5. Resident Comments
6. Request & report from Fire Chief Jason Kaplan. (Possible vote on equipment.)
7. BPCDC report: Rachel will update the council on the 4th of July and other current trends.
8. Police Report: Chief Hudson
9. Discuss for possible approval the third & final reading of Ordinance No. 87 an ordinance amending the code of ordinances of the city of Belle Plaine, Iowa, by amending provisions pertaining to water rates. (Raise of $.20 per thousand gallons & raise of $.25 per thousand gallons.) Rates are based on bond closing rate study by Northland Securities.
10. Discuss for possible approval the third & final reading of Ordinance 99 an ordinance amending the code of ordinances of the city of Belle Plaine, Iowa by amending provisions pertaining to sewer service charges. (Raise of $.33 per thousand gallons) Rates are based on bond closing rate study by Northland Securities
11. Discuss for possible approval Resolution #21-07-01: a resolution to establish the American Rescue Plan Act Fund in the city budget.
12. Discuss for possible approval the Derecho Committee ideas for honoring citizens at the derecho celebration.
13. Design and approve the trailer park demolition proposal.
14. Discuss for approval to hire Kasey Landuyt as the janitor for City Hall & the Library.
15.A. City Treasurer’s Report: June (Compiled by the City Clerk)
B. City Budget Report: June (Compiled by the City Clerk)
C. Solar Energy Report – requested Eagle Point to attend an August council meeting.
16. City Administrator’s Report: Updates on current insurance items, school crossing & FEMA.
17. Mayor’s Report: Update on current meetings.
18. Correspondence: ECICOG Express
19. Old Business: None
20. Resident Comments
If you need accommodations to attend a Belle Plaine City Council meeting please contact Title VI Coordinator/ City Administrator or Mayor @ 319-444-2200 for arrangements.