City of Atkins Iowa
City Council Meeting Regular Session
Monday, January 17, 2022 at 7:00 p.m.
Council Room, City Hall, 480 Third Avenue, Atkins Iowa, 52206
Instructions to access the meeting using teleconference application
Webex; Webex.com – Video is not needed but may be available.
Meeting number is 2559 617 574 password Y3r3pZU55P8
Meeting opens 15 minutes prior to the start time.
(Click Here for meeting link) Without webex, Call the telephone number 1-510-338-9438
Enter access code 2559 617 574# password 93737985# you will have access to hear and
speak. *6 will mute and unmute your device.
Contact the City Clerk at 319-446-7870 or email email@example.com if you plan to speak before the Council.
NOTICE AND CALL OF PUBLIC MEETING. The Mayor and Council welcome comments
from the public during the public input time. You are required to state your name and address for the record and to limit the time used to present your remarks in order that others may be given an opportunity to speak. The order of business is at the discretion of the Chair. The audio portion of this meeting may be recorded.
Opening guidance to conduct the meeting using teleconference application Webex. To Mute
audio only device (cell phone or landline), *6 will mute and unmute.
- Call to Order and Roll call by Mayor Bruce Visser
- Approve the agenda.
- Council comments concerning the Consent Agenda items and motion to approve.
3.0 Approve council Minutes of January 3, 2021 and January 12, 2021
3.1 Engineer Report
3.2 Resolution 923 accepting the 2022 Edition City of Atkins Supplemental
Specifications to the Statewide Urban Design (SUDAS) Program.
3.3 List of Bills for Approval
- Public hearing on proposal to enter into a General Obligation Corporate Purpose Loan
4.0 Enter into public hearing
4.1 Public Hearing
4.2 Close Public hearing
4.3 Resolution 924 taking additional action on proposal to enter into a General
Obligation corporate Purpose Loan Agreement.
- Resolution 925 to call a special election to fill the City Council vacancy
- Debris Removal – FEMA Disaster Recovery #157520
7.1 Resolution 926 Approving Bid Notice, Set Bid Dates, and set public hearing
date for Tree Felling & Hanger Removal in the ROW and on City owned Property.
- Resolution 927 to approve Library Wage as established by the Library Board of Directors.
- Mayor’s Update:
9.1 City Council Budget workshop January 26, 2022 at 6:30 p.m.
- Public Works Update
- Public input for items not on the agenda. Comments are limited to 3 minutes.
- Set next Regular Council Meeting to be held Tuesday, February 8, 2022 at 6:30 p.m., at
City Hall Council Room, 480 3rd Avenue, Atkins, Iowa.
This Notice is given at the direction of the mayor pursuant to Chapter 21, Code of Iowa, and the local rules of the City of Atkins, Iowa.