TENTATIVE AGENDA AND PUBLIC HEARING
Regular Meeting and Public Hearing
Newhall City Council
Monday, January 24, 2022, at 6:00 PM
Public Hearing – a Resolution approving the proposed property tax levy for the City of Newhall for fiscal year ending June of 2023.
Call to Order Regular Meeting
- Roll Call – Campbell, Cross, Rinderknecht, Seeck, Wendel
- Approval of Agenda
- Public Forum
- Department Reports
- Public Works
- City Clerk
- Fire/First Responders
- Approval of the following consent agenda items: Note: All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion.
- Minutes From: January 10, 2021
- Bills List Totaling: $97,425.36
- Council Action
- Approval of Resolution 01242022 approving the proposed tax levy for FY23- roll call vote
- Approval of Alcohol License for Dollar General effective February 11, 2022, through February 11, 2023
- BDG Representative from Newhall
- City Council Representative for Newhall Recreation Board
- Benton County Landfill Representative
- LED, motion, or timer lights at the Main Park
- Page 17 of Employee Handbook – rate of pay for holiday will be 8 hours for the holiday, if employee is called out on the designated holiday or the actual holiday, they will be paid double time.
- Page 21 of Employee Handbook: Funeral pay
- Spouse/Child/Parent/Sibling – 5 days
- Mother and Father In-law – 3 days
- Grandparents – 1 day
- Other or additional days are at the mayor’s discretion
- Carpet Pro quote for cleaning and seal coating floor at main park pavilion – $650
- Main Street and 3rd Street intersection – can a stop sign be installed coming from the west or should it be a 3 way stop.
- Quote for Air compressor in shop
- Set public hearing for budget for February 28, 2022
*Pursuant to 21.4(2) of the Code of Iowa (2001), the City has the right to amend this agenda up until 24 hours before the posted meeting time.