City of Atkins Iowa – City Council Meeting Regular Session
Tuesday, February 08, 2022, at 6:30 p.m.
Council Room, City Hall, 480 Third Avenue, Atkins Iowa, 52206
Instructions to access the meeting using teleconference application Webex; Webex.com – Video is not needed but may be available.
Meeting number is 2558 769 4714 password siPHrpTZ363
Meeting opens 15 minutes prior to the start time.
(Click Here for meeting link)
Without webex, Call the telephone number 1-510-338-9438
Enter access code 2558 769 4714 # password 74747789# you will have access to hear and speak.
*6 will mute and unmute your device.
Contact the City Clerk at 319-446-7870 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to speak before the Council.
NOTICE AND CALL OF PUBLIC MEETING. The Mayor and Council welcome comments from the public during the public input time. You are required to state your name and address for
the record and to limit the time used to present your remarks in order that others may be given an opportunity to speak. The order of business is at the discretion of the Chair. The audio portion of this meeting may be recorded.
Opening guidance to conduct the meeting using teleconference application Webex. To Mute
audio only device (cell phone or landline), *6 will mute and unmute.
- Call to Order and Roll call by Mayor Bruce Visser
- Approve the agenda.
- Council comments concerning the Consent Agenda items and motion to approve.
3.1 Approve council Minutes of January 17, 2022, January 26, 2022, and February 2,
2022 Budget Work Session, February 2, 2022 Special Meeting Minutes.
3.2 List of Bills for Approval.
- Presentation by Greg Walston regarding the Benton County Extension Youth Summer
Science Camp in Atkins.
4.1 Resolution 929 approving Benton County Extension Youth Summer Science Camp in
- Debris Removal – FEMA Disaster Recovery #157520
5.1 Public Hearing regarding request for bidders document, form of contract, and
estimate of cost for the completion of Debris Removal-FEMA Disaster Recovery #157520.
5.2 Resolution 930 approving request for bidders document, form of contract, and estimate of cost for the completion of Debris Removal-FEMA Disaster Recovery #157520.
5.3 Resolution 931 to Award of Debris Removal in the Right of Way and City Owned Properties to Boomerang Corporation in the amount of $262,600.
- Resolution 932 A resolution approving the Copier/Printer Copier Lease and Maintenance
Agreement with Access Systems for 60 months.
- Resolution 933 a resolution authorizing payment of contractor’s pay request no 14 in the
amount of $11,048.78 to Garling Construction Inc., Belle Plaine, Iowa for the Storm Repair Site
1-6 Project 54140, Atkins, Iowa.
- Resolution 934 a resolution approving Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance
- Resolution 935 a resolution approving Soccer Field usage for the Cougar Classic Tournament
sponsored by the Lutheran School.
- Resolution 936 a resolution approving Soccer Field usage by the Iowa Raptors.
- Resolution 937Authorizing Mayor to enter a public relations/marketing contract.
- Mayor’s Update:
11.1 Public Hearing Max Levy to be held February 22, 2022
- Public Works Update.
- Public input for items not on the agenda. Comments are limited to 3 minutes.
- Set next Regular Council Meeting to be held Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 6:30 p.m., at
City Hall Council Room, 480 3rd Avenue, Atkins, Iowa.
This Notice is given at the direction of the mayor pursuant to Chapter 21, Code of Iowa, and the
local rules of the City of Atkins, Iowa.