Belle Plaine City Council Meeting
Wednesday, February 16, 2022 @ 6:00 pm
- Call to order
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Consent Agenda, Council Minutes of February 2, 2022, & bills received.
- Resident Comments
- A. Open public hearing concerning the city maximum property tax dollars for the affected levy totals concerning the FY 23 Belle Plaine City Budget.
B. Close public hearing.
C. Discuss possible approval resolution #22-02-01: a resolution approving the maximum tax dollars from certain levies for the city’s proposed fiscal year 2022-2023 budget.
- Need a motion to set the public hearing for the 2022-2023 budget for March 16, 2022 at the BP Community Center at 1309 5th Avenue, Belle Plaine, Iowa @ 6:00 pm at the regular Belle Plaine, City Council meeting.
- A. Open the public hearing to discuss the proposed action of redistricting for the City of Belle Plaine, Iowa for the purpose of revising the three district boundaries that divide the city’s voting wards.
B. Close the public hearing.
C. Discuss for possible approval the first reading of Ordinance #22-5 : an ordinance amending the Code of Ordinances of the city of Belle Plaine, Iowa by amending the provisions pertaining to the boundaries and ward divisions.
D. Discuss for possible approval to waive the second reading of Ordinance #22-5 : an ordinance amending the Code of Ordinances of the city of Belle Plaine, Iowa by amending the provisions pertaining to the boundaries and ward divisions.
(Third & final reading will be presented at the March 2, 2022 Belle Plaine City Council meeting.)
- A. Discuss the status of the nuisance property at 1402 2nd Avenue including possible resolution #22-02-02: a resolution rejecting the proposed repair plan and sending the nuisance property to court.
- Discuss for possible one-time credit for the property at 1603 8th Avenue due to a toilet issue while out of town.
- Reports: A. BPCDC Update?
B. Police Report – Chief Hudson
- A. City Treasurer’s Report: January (Compiled by the City Clerk)
B. City Budget Report: January (Compiled by the City Clerk)
C. Solar Energy Report – City Administrator
- Committee of the Whole:
- City Administrator’s Report: Review DNR Report
- Mayor’s Report: Update on recent meetings attended & review ad for heavy equipment operator.
- Correspondence: None
- Old Business: Working on Enos property inspection.
- Resident Comments
If you need accommodations to attend a Belle Plaine City Council meeting, please contact Title VI Coordinator/ City Administrator or Mayor @ 319-444-2200 for arrangements.
Posted February 11, 2022