City of Atkins Iowa – City Council Meeting Regular Session
Tuesday, February 22, 2022, at 6:30 p.m.
Council Room, City Hall, 480 Third Avenue, Atkins Iowa, 52206
Instructions to access the meeting using teleconference application Webex; Webex.com – Video is not needed but may be available.
Meeting number is 2556 306 6785 password QFwBytrV863
Meeting opens 15 minutes prior to the start time.
(Click Here for meeting link)
Without webex, Call the telephone number 1-510-338-9438
Enter access code 2556 306 6785 # password 73929878# you will have access to hear and speak.
*6 will mute and unmute your device.
Contact the City Clerk at 319-446-7870 or email email@example.com if you plan to speak before the Council.
NOTICE AND CALL OF PUBLIC MEETING. The Mayor and Council welcome comments
from the public during the public input time. You are required to state your name and address for the record and to limit the time used to present your remarks in order that others may be given an opportunity to speak. The order of business is at the discretion of the Chair. The audio portion of this meeting may be recorded.
Opening guidance to conduct the meeting using teleconference application Webex. To Mute audio only device (cell phone or landline), *6 will mute and unmute.
- Call to Order and Roll call by Mayor Bruce Visser
- Approve the agenda.
- Council comments concerning the Consent Agenda items and motion to approve.
3.1 Approve council Minutes of February 8, 2022
3.2 Engineer Report.
3.2 List of Bills for Approval.
- Resolution 938 Resolution Approving Authorized Signers for Bank Transactions
- Public Hearing regarding the Proposed Property Tax Levy, Fiscal Year July1, 2022 – June 30,
2023 (FYE 23) for the City of Atkins.
4.1 Public Hearing
4.2 Resolution 939 a resolution approving the Maximum Property Tax Levy, Fiscal Year
July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023 (FYE 23) for the City of Atkins, Iowa.
- Resolution 940 a resolution directing the City Administrator/City Clerk to publish the
proposed City Budget for Fiscal Year July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023 and set a Public Hearing to
be held March 8, 2022 concerning the adoption of the City Budget FYE 2023.
- Resolution 941 a resolution setting the date for sale of General Obligation Corporate Purpose
Bonds, Series 2022A and authorizing the use of a preliminary official statement in connection
- Discussion Outdoor Warning Sirens
- City Department Reports: Budget
- Mayor’s Update:
8.1 Iowa Public Information Board (IPIB) Complaints and Results
8.2 Fire Station Promotional Plan
- Public input for items not on the agenda. Comments are limited to 3 minutes.
- Set next Regular Council Meeting to be held Tuesday, March 8, 2022, at 6:30 p.m. City
Hall/Library 480 3rd Avenue, Library Room.
This Notice is given at the direction of the mayor pursuant to Chapter 21, Code of Iowa, and the
local rules of the City of Atkins, Iowa.