Belle Plaine City Council Meeting
Wednesday, March 2, 2022 @ 6:00 pm
- Call to order
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
3b. Minute of silence in honor of Henry B. Tippie
- Approval of Consent Agenda, Council Minutes of February 16, 2022, receiving & filing of the minutes from the February 22, 2022 meeting of the Belle Plaine Community Library Board of Trustees Meeting, & bills received.
- Resident Comments
- A. Discuss the status of the nuisance property at 1504 7th Avenue.
B. Discuss the status of the letter concerning the nuisance property at 1402 2nd Avenue & potential due date changes.
- Discuss for possible approval the third & final reading of Ordinance #22-5 : an ordinance amending the Code of Ordinances of the city of Belle Plaine, Iowa by amending the provisions pertaining to the boundaries and ward divisions.
- Discuss for possible approval resolution #22-03-02, a resolution regarding reasonable accommodation request for service animals located within city limits.
- A. Discuss for possible one-time utility credit for the property at 1106 13th Street due to a toilet issue that the service customer thought had been fixed.
B. Discuss for possible one-time utility credit for the property at 904 5th Avenue due to a toilet leak issue that the customer had fixed as soon as it was discovered.
C. Discuss for possible one-time utility credit for the property at 402 7th Street due to a pipe breaking while she was gone receiving medical care.
- Discuss for possible approval the renewal of the Class E Liquor license with Sunday Service for Karam Kaur Khasriya LLC commonly known as Zip Mart at 702 13th Street, Belle Plaine, Iowa.
- Committee of the Whole:
A. Discuss possible methods to begin having city council meetings broadcast to the public.
- City Administrator’s Report: Review current updates on DNR Report
- Mayor’s Report: Update on recent meetings attended.
- Discuss for possible approval an emergency MOU with our police department.
- Correspondence: E-mail information sent to council.
- Old Business: None
- Resident Comments
- Consideration of a Motion to Enter into Closed Session – Iowa Code 21.5 (1) 1. A governmental body may hold a closed session only by affirmative public vote of either two-thirds of the members of the body or all of the members present at the meeting. A governmental body may hold a closed session only to the extent a closed session is necessary for any of the following reasons:
g. To avoid disclosure of specific law enforcement matters, such as current or proposed investigations, inspection or auditing techniques or schedules, which if disclosed would enable law violators to avoid detection.
- Motion to come out of closed session.
- Possible motion & proposal on actions to be taken from closed session.
If you need accommodations to attend a Belle Plaine City Council meeting, please contact Title VI Coordinator/City Administrator or Mayor @ 319-444-2200 for arrangements.
Posted February 25, 2022