CITY OF ATKINS IOWA – City Council Meeting Regular Session
Tuesday, May 10, 2022, at 6:30 p.m.
Council Chambers, City Hall, 480 Third Avenue, Atkins, Iowa, 52206
Instructions to access the meeting using teleconference application Webex; Webex.com
– Video is not needed but may be available.
Meeting number is 2559 743 2207 password g3yHtDS2Wr5
Meeting opens 15 minutes prior to the start time.
(Click here for meeting link)
Without webex, Call the telephone number 1-510-338-9438
Enter access code 2559 743 2207 # password 43948372 # you will have access
to hear and speak. *6 will mute and unmute your device.
Contact the City Clerk at 319-446-7870 or email email@example.com if you plan to
speak before the Council.
NOTICE AND CALL OF PUBLIC MEETING. The Mayor and Council welcome
comments from the public during the public input time. You are required to state your
name and address for the record and to limit the time used to present your remarks in
order that others may be given an opportunity to speak. The order of business is at the
discretion of the Chair. The audio portion of this meeting may be recorded.
Opening guidance to conduct the meeting using teleconference application Webex. To
Mute audio only device (cell phone or landline), *6 will mute and unmute.
- Call to Order and Roll call by Mayor Bruce Visser
- Approve the Agenda
- Council comments concerning the Consent Agenda items and motion to approve.
a. Approve Council Minutes of April 26, 2022, Minutes
b. Resolution 961 accepting the Ga Ga Pit Recreation Structure at the Main City Park constructed by Nathan Rottman, of Atkins, a member of Scout Troop 8 of Cedar Rapids Iowa.
c. Resolution 962 approving the Employee Hire for the Library Assistant Position
d. List of Bills for Approval
- Tree Removal Project:
a. Project update
b. Resolution No. 959 Pay Request No. 2 in the amount of $109,276 to Boomerang Corporation of Anamosa, Iowa.
c. Resolution No. 960 Change Order No. 3 Request approval of the additional trees added to the project and additional days added to project completion date to account for additional trees and stumps that have been added to the
- Review Draft Ordinance No. 226 An Ordinance Amending the Code of Ordinance of the City of Atkins, Iowa, 2005, by Amending Provisions Pertaining to Water Rates.
Mayor’s Update and Public Works Update:
- Public input for items not on the agenda. Comments are limited to 3 minutes.
- Set special meeting date.
- Set Next Regular Council Meeting to be held Tuesday, May 24, 2022, at 6:30 p.m. City Hall/Library 480 3rd Avenue, Council Room.
This Notice is given at the direction of the mayor pursuant to Chapter 21, Code of Iowa, and the local rules of the City of Atkins, Iowa.
Posted this 9th day of May 2022