CITY OF ATKINS IOWA – City Council Meeting Regular Session
Tuesday, May 24, 2022, at 6:30 p.m.
Council Chambers, City Hall, 480 Third Avenue, Atkins, Iowa, 52206
Instructions to access the meeting using teleconference application Webex; Webex.com
– Video is not needed but may be available.
Meeting number is 2557 069 2481 password 87J4Sd2X3mf
Meeting opens 15 minutes prior to the start time.
(Click here for meeting link)
Without webex, Call the telephone number 1-510-338-9438
Enter access code 2557 069 2481 # password 87547329# you will have access
to hear and speak. *6 will mute and unmute your device.
Contact the City Clerk at 319-446-7870 or email email@example.com if you plan to
speak before the Council.
NOTICE AND CALL OF PUBLIC MEETING. The Mayor and Council welcome comments from the public during the public input time. You are required to state your name and address for the record and to limit the time used to present your remarks in order that others may be given an opportunity to speak. The order of business is at the discretion of the Chair. The audio portion of this meeting may be recorded.
Opening guidance to conduct the meeting using teleconference application Webex. To
Mute audio only device (cell phone or landline), *6 will mute and unmute.
- Call to Order and Roll call by Mayor Bruce Visser
- Approve the Agenda
- Council comments concerning the Consent Agenda items and motion to approve.
a. Approve Council Minutes of May 10, 2022, Minutes
b. Engineer Report
c. List of Bills for Approval
- Ordinance No. 226 An Ordinance Amending the Code of Ordinance of the City of
Atkins, Iowa, 2005, by Amending Provisions Pertaining to Water Rates.
- Fire Station Rebuilding Project:
- Mayor’s Update and Public Works Update:
a. Derecho Insurance
b. Tree Removal Update
c. Utility Billing Update
- Public input for items not on the agenda. Comments are limited to 3 minutes.
- Next Regular Council Meeting to be held Tuesday, June 14, 2022, at 6:30 p.m.
City Hall/Library 480 3rd Avenue, Council Room.
This Notice is given at the direction of the mayor pursuant to Chapter 21, Code of Iowa,
and the local rules of the City of Atkins, Iowa.
Posted this 23rd day of May 2022