Belle Plaine City Council Meeting
Council Chambers – Belle Plaine City Hall
Wednesday August 3, 2022 @ 6:00 pm
- Call to order
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Consent Agenda, Council Minutes of July 20, 2022, receiving & filing of the minutes from the July 26, 2022 meeting of the Belle Plaine Community library Board of Trustees meeting and bills received.
- Resident Comments
- Discuss for possible approval the Class E Liquor License, Class B Wine Permit, Class C Beer Permit & Sunday Sales for GHOTRA INC (Formerly Country Foods) at 1206 7th Avenue, Belle Plaine, Iowa.
- A. Discuss for possible approval a one-time utility credit of $118.40 at 817 12th Street caused by a toilet that was stuck open.
B. Discuss for possible approval a one-time utility credit of $876.16 at 616 5th Avenue because of a pipe bursting in the basement.
- A. Discuss for possible approval resolution #22-08-07 a resolution approving plans, specifications, forms of contract and estimated cost for the construction of the rehabilitate runway 18/36 taxiway and apron pavement improvements for the City of Belle Plaine, Iowa.
B. Discuss for possible approval the Rehabilitate Runway 18/36, Taxiway & Apron Pavements Contract.
C. Discuss for possible approval Resolution #22-08-10, a resolution executing the grant agreement with the Federal Aviation Administration for construction of the Rehabilitate Runway 18/36, Taxiway, and Apron Pavements Project at the Belle Plaine, Airport.
- A. Discuss for possible approval resolution No. 22-08-01 a resolution proposing to dispose of real property and publishing a notice of a public hearing. (property at 910 8th Avenue)
B. Discuss for possible approval resolution No. 22-08-02 a resolution proposing to dispose of real property and publishing a notice of a public hearing. (property at 1606 7th Avenue)
- A. Discuss for possible approval resolution #22-08-08 a resolution and order regarding a dangerous building at 503 6th Street, Belle Plaine, Iowa.
B. Discuss for possible approval resolution #22-08-09, a resolution and order regarding a dangerous building at 1303 7th Avenue, Belle Plaine, Iowa.
- City Administrator’s Report: Update on current projects: Minnow Creek FEMA Project & the Salt & Sand Building.
- Mayor’s Report: Benton Development Group Report & possible motion of purchasing a third emergency siren thru the Benton County Emergency Management Commission from Linn County Emergency Management Commission. Report from BCEM Commission meeting.
- Correspondence: Emergency Management Letter
- Old Business: None
- Resident Comments
- Consideration of a Motion to Enter into Closed session Iowa Code 21.5 (1) (c)
- A. To discuss strategy with counsel in matters that are presently in litigation or where litigation is imminent where disclosure would be likely to prejudice or disadvantage the position of the government body in that litigation.
B. i. To evaluate the professional competency of an individual whose appointment, hiring, performance or discharge is being considered when necessary to prevent needless and irreparable injury to that individual’s reputation and that individual requests a closed session.
- Motion to come out of closed session.
- Motion & proposal on the actions to be taken from closed session.
If you need accommodations to attend a Belle Plaine City Council meeting, please contact
Title VI Coordinator/City Administrator or Mayor @ 319-444-2200 for arrangements.
Posted July 29, 2022