CITY OF ATKINS IOWA – City Council Meeting Regular Session
Tuesday, August 9, 2022, at 6:30 p.m.
Council Room, City Hall, 480 Third Avenue, Atkins, Iowa, 52206
Instructions to access the meeting using teleconference application Webex; Webex.com
– Video is not needed but may be available.
Meeting number is 2557 040 4838# password e3nHbggEt86
Meeting opens 15 minutes prior to the start time.
(Click here for meeting link)
Without webex, Call the telephone number 1-510-338-9438
Enter access code 2557 040 4838 # password 33642443 # you will have access to hear and speak. *6 will mute and unmute your device.
Contact the City Clerk at 319-446-7870 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to
speak before the Council.
NOTICE AND CALL OF PUBLIC MEETING. The Mayor and Council welcome comments from the public during the public input time. You are required to state your name and address for the record and to limit the time used to present your remarks in order that others may be given an opportunity to speak. The order of business is at the discretion of the Chair. The audio portion of this meeting may be recorded.
Opening guidance to conduct the meeting using teleconference application Webex. To Mute audio only device (cell phone or landline), *6 will mute and unmute.
- Call to Order and Roll call by Mayor Bruce Visser
- Approve the Agenda
- Council comments concerning the Consent Agenda items and motion to approve.
a. Approve Council Minutes of July 26, 2022
b. List of Bills for Approval
- Tree Removal Project – Derecho
a. Resolution 975 statement of Final Completion and Owner’s Acceptance of the
b. Resolution 976 release of claims.
c. Resolution 977 Final Pay Request No. 4 in the amount of $16,000 to Boomerrang Corporation of Anamosa, Iowa.
- Resolution 982 approving Outdoor warning siren maintenance service agreement.
- Outdoor Warning Siren Activation Policy
- Discussion regarding Round House Conservation Area.
- Resolution 983 Law Enforcement Agreement with Benton County 2022 – 2023.
- Mayor’s Update and Public Works Update:
- Public input for items not on the agenda. Comments are limited to 3 minutes.
- Next Regular Council Meeting to held Tuesday, August 23, 2022, at 6:30 p.m. City
Hall/Library 480 3rd Avenue, Council Room.
This Notice is given at the direction the mayor pursuant to Chapter 21, Code of Iowa,
and the local rules of the City of Atkins, Iowa.
Posted this 5 th day of August 2022 – Post Office / City Hall.
Updated 8th day of August 2022 – Post Office / City Hall.