CITY OF ATKINS IOWA – City Council Meeting Regular Session
Tuesday, October 11, 2022, at 6:30 p.m.
Council Room, 480 Third Avenue, Atkins, Iowa, 52206
Instructions to access the meeting using teleconference application Webex; Webex.com – Video is not needed but may be available.
Meeting number is 2559 243 8405 # password F286eJhaJXq
Meeting opens 15 minutes prior to the start time.
(Click here for meeting link)
Without webex, Call the telephone number 1-510-338-9438
Enter access code # 2559 243 8405 # password 32863542 # you will have access to hear and speak. *6 will mute and unmute your device.
Contact the City Clerk at 319-446-7870 or email email@example.com if you plan to speak before the Council.
NOTICE AND CALL OF PUBLIC MEETING. The Mayor and Council welcome comments from the public during the public input time. You are required to state your name and address for the record and to limit the time used to present your remarks in order that others may be given an opportunity to speak. The order of business is at the discretion of the Chair. The audio portion of this meeting may be recorded.
Opening guidance to conduct the meeting using teleconference application Webex. To Mute audio only device (cell phone or landline), *6 will mute and unmute.
- Call to Order and Roll call by Mayor Bruce Visser
- Approve the Agenda
- Council comments concerning the Consent Agenda items and motion to approve.
a. Approve Council Minutes of September 27, 2022
b. List of Bills for Approval
- Resolution 988 approving street closing for the Atkins Community Club Holiday Celebration Parade.
- Resolution 989 permitting display fireworks during the Atkins Community Club Holiday Celebration.
- Resolution 990 approving use of City Property to Crafters Connection – Holiday Market.
- Resolution 991 authorizing the sale of Fire Apparatus 2001 International Model 4900 Pumper Firetruck Jointly owned by the Benton #3 – Linn#5 Benefited Fire District and the City Atkins Iowa.
- Resolution 992 Authorizing the City Administrator/City Clerk to make the Appropriate Transfers of Sums and Record the Same in the Appropriate Manner for FYE 2022 for the City of Atkins.
- Mayor’s, Public Works, and Administrator’s update
- Public input for items not on the agenda. Comments are limited to 3 minutes.
- Next Regular Council Meeting to held Tuesday, October 25, 2022, at 6:30 p.m. City Hall/Library 480 3rd Avenue, City Council Room.
This Notice is given at the direction the mayor pursuant to Chapter 21, Code of Iowa, and the local rules of the City of Atkins, Iowa.
Posted this 10th day of October 2022, Post Office / City Hall