CITY OF ATKINS IOWA – City Council Meeting Regular Session
Tuesday, November 8, 2022, at 6:30 p.m.
320 2nd Avenue (Park Pavilion), Atkins, Iowa, 52206
There will be no online access to meeting due to change of location.
NOTICE AND CALL OF PUBLIC MEETING. The Mayor and Council welcome comments from the public
during the public input time. You are required to state your name and address for the record and to limit
the time used to present your remarks in order that others may be given an opportunity to speak. The
order of business is at the discretion of the Chair. The audio portion of this meeting may be recorded.
- Call to Order and Roll call by Mayor Bruce Visser
- Approve the Agenda
- Council comments concerning the Consent Agenda items and motion to approve.
a. Approve Council Minutes of October 25, 2022
b. List of Bills for Approval
- Mayoral Proclamation Thanking Benton County Board of Supervisors for gifting city $54,339.10 for
the purchase of the 2022 Pumper Truck.
- Fire Station Project:
a. Resolution 993 a resolution to enter into contract with Terracon a Geotechnical Engineer for
the purpose of providing soil borings and geotechnical report for the fire station project.
- Resolution 995 a resolution acknowledging library wages as set by the Library Board.
- Resolution 996 a resolution adopting Record Retention Schedule.
- Resolution 997 a resolution accepting quote to replace the stainless duct, dampers, and louvres in
the scrubber room of the water plant.
- Resolution 998 a resolution obligating fiscal year ended 2024 annual appropriation for Stone Ridge
- A Avenue Culvert repair – motion to proceed
- Appointment(s) to the Library Board.
- Appointment(s) to the Planning and Zoning Commission.
- Trees Report
- Mayor’s, Public Works, and Administrator’s update
- Public input for items not on the agenda. Comments are limited to 3 minutes.
- Next Regular Council Meeting to held Tuesday, November 22, 2022, at 6:30 p.m. City Hall/Library
480 3rd Avenue, City Council Room.
This Notice is given at the direction the mayor pursuant to Chapter 21, Code of Iowa, and the local rules
of the City of Atkins, Iowa.
Posted this 4th day of November 2022, Post Office / City Hall