Belle Plaine City Council Meeting
Council Chambers – Belle Plaine City Hall
Wednesday January 4, 2023 @ 6:30 pm
1. Call to order
2. Roll Call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Approval of Consent Agenda, Council Minutes of December 21, 2022,& bills received.
5. Resident Comments
6. Park and Recreation Department’s Annual Report: Lance Hinschberger
7. Belle Plaine Police Report: Chief Hudson
8. Discuss for possible approval machinery purchases for the city. (Jay Hamilton will explain)
9. Review the 1306 6th Avenue Property & the inspection.
10. Discuss for possible approval the renewal of a Class C Liquor sales, Class C Liquor License with Sunday Sales & Outdoor Service for the Jennings Bradshaw American Legion Post #39 at 1008 12th Street, Belle Plaine, Iowa.
11. Discuss for possible approval a Class C Liquor License with Sunday Sales & Outdoor service at El Catrin Mexican Cuisine located at 1009 7th Avenue, Belle Plaine, Iowa .
12. Discuss for possible approval an authorization to reduce the utility bill at 1614 8th Avenue for a toilet stuck open for an undetermined amount of time. ($189.44)
13. Discuss for possible approval an authorization to reduce the utility bill at 510 13th Street, for a broken kitchen sink pipe. ($390.72)
14. Discuss for possible approval resolution #23-01-01, s resolution approving the transfer of funds.
15. Discuss for approval appointments to the Airport Commission, Historical Preservation Commission, and approve the Hometown Current as the official newspaper of the City of Belle Plaine for 2023.
16. One time comp-time offer during holiday snow storm.
17. City Administrator’s Report: Update on current projects.
18. Mayor’s Report: Appointing Council Person Pech as the Mayor Pro-Tem, cards for H2O bills, & Remind the council that the first Belle Plaine Budget workshop is set for January 9th, 2023 in Council Chambers at the Belle Plaine City Hall.
19. Correspondence: None
20. Old Business: None
21. Resident Comments
22. Consideration of a Motion to Enter into Closed session Iowa Code 21.5 (1) (c) To discuss strategy with counsel in matters that are presently in litigation or where litigation is imminent where disclosure would be likely to prejudice or disadvantage the position of the government body in that litigation.
23. Motion to come out of closed session.
24. Motion & proposal on the actions to be taken from closed session.
If you need accommodations to attend a Belle Plaine City Council meeting, please contact Title VI Coordinator/City Administrator or Mayor @ 319-444-2200 for arrangements.
Posted December 30, 2022