CITY OF ATKINS IOWA – City Council Meeting Regular Session
Tuesday, January 10, 2023, at 6:30 p.m.
City Hall Council Room, 480 Third Avenue, Atkins, Iowa, 52206
Instructions to access the meeting using teleconference application Webex; Webex.com – Video is not needed but may be available.
Meeting number is 2554 030 3285 # password M2vm46GJHyu
Meeting opens 15 minutes prior to the start time.
(Click here for meeting link)
Without webex, Call the telephone number 1-510-338-9438
Enter access code # 2554 030 3285 # password 62864645# you will have access to hear and speak. *6 will
mute and unmute your device.
Contact the City Clerk at 319-446-7870 or email email@example.com if you plan to speak before the Council.
NOTICE AND CALL OF PUBLIC MEETING. The Mayor and Council welcome comments from the public during the public input time. You are required to state your name and address for the record and to limit the time used to present your remarks in order that others may be given an opportunity to speak. The order of business is at the discretion of the Chair. The audio portion of this meeting may be recorded.
Opening guidance to conduct the meeting using teleconference application Webex. To Mute audio only device (cell phone or landline), *6 will mute and unmute.
- Call to Order and Roll call by Mayor Bruce Visser
- Approve the Agenda
- Council comments concerning the Consent Agenda items and motion to approve:
a. Approve Council Minutes of December 15, 2022
b. List of Bills for Approval
- Ordinance 227 An Ordinance Amending the Code of Ordinance of the City of Atkins, Iowa, 2005,
Amending Provisions Pertaining to Temporary Suspension of Services.
a. 2nd Reading of Ordinance 227
b. Suspend rules and proceed directly to the 3rd reading of Ordinance 227.
c. 3rd reading and finally adopt Ordinance 227 after legal publication by law.
- Budget Calendar and Overview.
- Mayor’s, Public Works, and Administrator’s update.
- Public input for items not on the agenda. Comments are limited to 3 minutes.
- Next Regular Council Meeting to be held Tuesday, January 24, 2023, at 6:30 p.m. City Hall/Library
480 3rd Avenue, City Council Room.
This Notice is given at the direction the mayor pursuant to Chapter 21, Code of Iowa, and the local rules
of the City of Atkins, Iowa.
Posted at Post Office / City Hall on January 6, 2023.