Council Chambers – Belle Plaine City Hall
Wednesday February 1, 2023 6:30 pm
- Call to order
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Consent Agenda, Council minutes of January 16, 2023, Council Minutes of January 18, 2023, receiving & filing of minutes from the from the January 24, 2023 Belle Plaine Community Library Board of Trustees meeting and bills received.
- Resident Comments
- Auditor’s Report: Steve Gerdes CPA of Faller, Kincheloe & Company PLC.
- Matt Pivit of Republic (Our garbage company.)
- Police Report: Chief Hudson
- Discuss the request from Jamie L Blasdell of 825 27th Street NE, Cedar Rapids, Iowa concerning the nuisance complaint on her property at 1410 6th Avenue, Belle Plaine, Iowa.
- Discuss for possible approval renewing the Class C retail alcohol license with Sunday sales & outdoor service for the Belle Plaine County Club at 1911 13″‘ Avenue N, Belle Plaine, Iowa
- Discuss for possible approval Resolution #23-02-01; a resolution approving the transfer of funds for sewer heavy equipment and police equipment funds.
- Discuss for possible approval resolution #23-02-02; a resolution approving and adopting a revenue purpose statement for the use or expenditure of revenue fees from electric and natural gas franchise fees.
- Set the public hearing for Franchise Fees at the 2-15-23 Belle Plaine City Council meeting, held in council chambers at 6:30 pm.
- Approve the following re-appointments:
A. Leah Mast to the Variance Board – term to expire January 2028
B. Jerry (Skeeter) Blomme to the Variance Board – term to expire January 2028
- Discuss for possible approval a reduction in the utility bill at 902 5″‘ Avenue, Belle Plaine, Iowa because of a busted water pipe, which has since been fixed. ($331.52)
- Committee of the Whole
A. Nuisance Property Discussion including the updated list.
- City Administrator’s Report: Update on current projects.
- Mayor’s Report: Meeting Report.
- Correspondence: News Release from our Auditor.
- Old Business: None
- Resident Comments
- Consideration of a Motion to Enter into Closed session Iowa Code 21.5 (1) (c) To discuss strategy with counsel in matters that are presently in litigation or where litigation is imminent where disclosure would be likely to prejudice or disadvantage the position of the government body in that litigation.
- Motion to come out of closed session.
- Motion & proposal on the actions to be taken from closed session.
If you need accommodations to attend a Belle Plaine City Council meeting, please contact Title VI Coordinator/City Administrator or Mayor @ 319-444-2200 for arrangements.
Posted January 27, 2023