CITY OF ATKINS IOWA
City Council Meeting Regular Session
Tuesday, May 9, 2023, at 6:30 p.m.
City Hall Council Room, 480 Third Avenue, Atkins, Iowa, 52206
Instructions to access the meeting using teleconference application Webex; Webex.com – Video is not
needed but may be available.
Meeting number is 2552 228 8450# password MMqfuhWx448
Meeting opens 15 minutes prior to the start time.
(Click here for meeting link)
Without webex, Call the telephone number 1-510-338-9438
Enter access code 2552 228 8450# password 66738499# you will have access to hear and speak. *6 will mute and unmute your device.
Contact the City Clerk at 319-446-7870 or email email@example.com if you plan to speak before the Council.
NOTICE AND CALL OF PUBLIC MEETING. The Mayor and Council welcome comments from the public during the public input time. You are required to state your name and address for the record and to limit the time used to present your remarks in order that others may be given an opportunity to speak. The order of business is at the discretion of the Chair. The audio portion of this meeting may be recorded.
Opening guidance to conduct the meeting using teleconference application Webex. To Mute audio only device (cell phone or landline), *6 will mute and unmute.
- Call to Order and Roll call by Mayor Bruce Visser
- Approve the Agenda
- Council comments concerning the Consent Agenda items and motion to approve:
a. Approve Council Minutes of April 25, 2023
b. Renewal The Depot Cigarette Permit
c. List of Bills for Approval
- Budget Amendment – Fiscal Year Ending 2023 (FYE 23)
a. Public Hearing regarding FYE 23 Budget Amendment
b. Resolution 2023-05-01 a resolution adopting FYE 2023 Budget Amendment
- 1st Reading of Ordinance No. 228 Amending the Code of Ordinance of the City of Atkins, Iowa, 2005, by amending the provisions pertaining to Solid Waste Service Charges.
- 1st Reading of Ordinance No. 229 Amending the Code of Ordinance of the City of Atkins, Iowa, 2005, by amending the provisions pertaining to Sewer Service Charges.
- 2023 Street Maintenance Plan
a. Resolution 2023-05-02 approving the 2023 Street Maintenance Plan in an amount not to exceed $75,000.00.
- UTV Operation:
a. Discussion: permitting UTV operation on city streets
- Resolution 2023-05-03 Approving Attorney Fee Contract Agreement for necessary legal tax services between Lynch Dallas PC and the City of Atkins.
- Discussion, Property Lease – Roundhouse Conservation Area.
- Fire Station Update:
a. Set Workshop with Architect
b. Set Workshop with Financial Advisor
c. Resolution 2023-05-04 approving FEMA award for Atkins project #157526 Fire Station rebuild.
- Resolution 2023-05-05 approving letter of engagement with the Office of Auditor of State to provide the Fiscal Year Ending 2022 Audit.
- Mayor’s, Public Works, and Administrator’s update:
a. Mayor’s report
b. Public Works
c. Administrator’s report
- Employee Evaluation: This item may be held in closed session per Iowa Code Chapter 21.5.i to evaluate the professional competency of an individual whose appointment, hiring, performance, or discharge is being considered when necessary to prevent needless and irreparable injury to that individual’s reputation and that individual requests a closed session.
- Public input for items not on the agenda. Comments are limited to 3 minutes.
- Next Regular Council Meeting to be held Tuesday, May 23, 2023, at 6:30 p.m. City Hall/Library 480 3rd Avenue, Council Room.
This Notice is given at the direction of the mayor pursuant to Chapter 21, Code of Iowa, and the local rules of the City of Atkins, Iowa.