The Better Tomorrows Early Childhood Iowa (ECI) board has contracted with the Iowa Association for the Education of Young Children to provide the program Child Care WAGE$ IOWA in Benton and Tama Counties.
WAGE$ impacts early child care and education by recognizing dedicated professionals, stabilizing the child care workforce and encouraging continued education in the field. The WAGE$ program provides education-based salary supplements to professionals working in eligible early childhood programs.
The annual stipends range from $500 to $3,500 annually, depending on post-secondary education level. To be eligible to receive the stipend, individuals must:
· Work with children under age five in a regulated preschool, child care center or child development home in Iowa
· Work at least six months in the same early care and education program
· Earn at or below the income cap of $15 per hour
· Work in a program that is enrolled in the state’s Quality Rating System or that is nationally accredited
· Work in a program that participates in the state’s Child Care Assistance program
For more information, contact Lauren Linnenbrink, WAGE$ Program Coordinator at 515-331-8000 extension 120 or at email@example.com or Erin Monaghan, Director of Better Tomorrows ECI at director@BetterTomorrowsECI.org.
Erin MonaghanDirector, Better Tomorrows ECIPO Box 516Vinton, IA 52349319/214-1471