DES MOINES – Today, April 18, the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) has been notified of 181 additional positive cases for a total of 2,513 positive cases. There have been additional 974 negative tests for a total of 20,434 negative tests to date, which includes testing reported by the State Hygienic Lab and other labs.
According to IDPH, an additional 10 deaths were also reported, 193 are currently hospitalized, and 1,095 Iowans have recovered.
The additional 10 deaths were reported in the following counties:
- Appanoose County, 1 older adult (61-80 years)
- Linn County, 1 middle-age adult (41-60 years), 2 elderly adults (81+),
- Louisa County, 1 older adult (61-80 years)
- Muscatine County, 1 elderly adult (81+)
- Polk County, 1 elderly adult (81+), 2 older adults (61-80 years)
- Tama County, 1 middle-age adult (41-60 years),
The state of Iowa has released an updated dashboard on coronavirus.iowa.gov that will be updated daily to include comprehensive tracking of COVID-19 in Iowa. The new dashboard includes cases, deaths, and tests conducted in each county. The state is now providing demographic information that was not previously provided as well as Iowa’s epidemiological curve.