Belle Plaine, Iowa
June 23, 2021
A special meeting of the Belle Plaine Community School District Board of Education was held on Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. in the board room at Longfellow Elementary, Belle Plaine.
Members Present: Val Coffman, Stephen Beck, Rima Johnson, Ben Reineke
Members Absent: Alicia Jacobi
Administration Present: Chad Straight
Administration Absent: Heather Coover, Ryan Devereux
Board Secretary Present: Stacey Kolars
Visitors Present: Interested Patrons (via Zoom)
Press Representative: None
The meeting was called to order by President Coffman at 5:00 p.m.
Motion Reineke, second Beck to approve the agenda. All voted, “aye.” Motion carried.
There were no delegations.
- Approval of the Employment of Personnel-There was motion by Beck, second by Johnson to approve the following personnel:
- Sadie Anderson-Assistant Volleyball Coach
- Brandon Heying-transfer to 1st grade teacher
- Derrick Beck-Transportation Director
- Holly Vido-1.0 FTE Instructional Coach-TLC
- Deb Maxwell-0.5 FTE Instructional Coach-TLC
- Susan Mattmiller-0.5 FTE Lead Mentor-TLC
- Richard Sankot-Assistant HS Football Coach, JH Football Coach
- Clara Kienitz-Head Varsity Cross Country Coach
All voted, “aye.” Motion carried.
2. Focus on Education: Apprenticeship Program Report- Leah Mast and Principal Ryan Devereux reported to the board on the apprenticeship program.
There was motion by Beck, second by Reineke to adjourn the meeting at 5:04 p.m. All voted, “aye.” Motion carried.
Val Coffman, Board President
Stacey Kolars, Board Secretary