City of Atkins Iowa –
City Council Meeting Regular Session
Monday, November 1, 2021 at 7:00 p.m.
Council Room, City Hall, 480 Third Avenue, Atkins Iowa, 52206
Instructions to access the meeting using teleconference application Webex; Webex.com – Video is not needed but may be available.
Meeting number is 2551 235 1051 password gZbnng692uJ
Meeting opens 15 minutes prior to the start time.
(Click Here for meeting link) (Updated 10-16-2021 12:00 pm)
Without webex, Call the telephone number 1-510-338-9438
Enter access code 2551 235 1051 password 49266469# you will have access to hear and speak. *6 will mute and unmute your device. Meeting opens 15 minutes prior to the start time.
Contact the City Clerk at 319-446-7870 or email email@example.com if you plan to speak before the Council.
Optional – but preferred.
NOTICE AND CALL OF PUBLIC MEETING. The Mayor and Council welcome comments from the public during
the public input time. You are required to state your name and address for the record and to limit the time used to
present your remarks in order that others may be given an opportunity to speak. The order of business is at the
discretion of the Chair. The audio portion of this meeting may be recorded.
Opening guidance to conduct the meeting using teleconference application Webex. Users are requested to mute the
video during times they are listening to preserve bandwidth in the system. With audio only device (cell phone or
landline), *6 will mute and unmute.
Regular Session Agenda:
- Call to Order and Roll Call by Mayor Bruce Visser
- Approve the agenda.
- Council comments concerning the Consent Agenda items and motion to approve.
3.1. Approve the Council Minutes of October 18, 2021
3.2. List of bills for Approval
3.3. Engineer report
- Resolution 905 Approving the Hire Salary and Benefits for Hire of the Deputy Clerk Position
- Resolution 906 Approving Authorized Signers for Bank Transactions
- Resolution 907 Approving Contract with Garling Construction for Modifications to the temporary Fire
Station to accommodate the Fire Truck.
- Resolution 908 Accepting the Fiscal Year Ending 2021 Street Finance Report
- Fire Station Re-Building Update
- Discussion on Council Conduct Policy
- Mayor’s Update
- Public Works Update
- Public input for items not on the agenda. Comments are limited to 3 minutes.
- Set Date for City Council work session – Goal Setting FYE 2023 Budget
- Set next Regular Council Meeting to be held Monday November 15 at 7:00 pm, at City Hall Council
Room, 480 3rd Avenue, Atkins Iowa.
This Notice is given at the direction of the Mayor pursuant to Chapter 21, Code of Iowa, and the local rules of the City of Atkins, Iowa.