City of Atkins Iowa – City Council Meeting Special Session
Tuesday, December 21, 2021 at 7:00 p.m.
Council Room, City Hall, 480 Third Avenue, Atkins Iowa, 52206
Instructions to access the meeting using teleconference application Webex; Webex.com – Video is not needed but may be available.
Meeting number is 2559 067 8076 password VCxjMRU2P72
Meeting opens 15 minutes prior to the start time.
(Click Here for meeting link) Without webex, Call the telephone number 1-510-338-9438
Enter access code 2559 067 8076 password 82956782# you will have access to hear and speak. *6 will mute and unmute your device.
Contact the City Clerk at 319-446-7870 or email email@example.com if you plan to speak before the Council. Optional – but preferred.
NOTICE AND CALL OF PUBLIC MEETING. The Mayor and Council welcome comments from the public during the public input time. You are required to state your name and address for the record and to limit the time used to present your remarks in order that others may be given an opportunity to speak. The order of business is at the discretion of the Chair. The audio portion of this meeting may be recorded.
Opening guidance to conduct the meeting using teleconference application Webex. Users are requested to mute the video during times they are listening to preserve bandwidth in the system. With audio only device (cell phone or landline), *6 will mute and unmute.
Regular Session Agenda:
1. Call to Order and Roll call by Mayor Bruce Visser
2. Approve the agenda.
3. Council comments concerning the Consent Agenda items and motion to approve.
3.0 Approve Council Minutes of December 6, 2021
3.1 Engineer Report
3.2 List of Bills for Approval
3.3 Resolution 922 approving City Meeting Calendar for Calendar Year 2022.
3.4 Resolution 923 appointing the City Attorney for the City of Atkins, Iowa for the two-year term.
3.5 Resolution 925 approving the City of Atkins Iowa Fire Department Election of Officers for the Term January 1, 2022 through December 31, 2022
3.6 Resolution 926 approving minor boundary change for Stone Ridge First Addition Lot 23
3.7 Resolution 927 approving the preliminary plat and final plat for Atkins Lumber 2nd Addition.
3.8 Accepting the Resignations of Gordy Jacobsen and Linda Clark from the Planning and Zoning Commission
4. Resolution 918 Approving the Annual Urban Renewal Report (AURR) FY 2020-2021
5. Resolution 919 Appointing Jeremy Rinderknecht and Ryan Hosch to Planning and Zoning Commission
6. Ordinance No. 225 an ordinance amending Chapter 106 Collection of Solid Waste, specifically Collections fees:
7.1 Second Reading Ordinance No. 225 ordinance amending Chapter 106 Collection of Solid Waste, specifically Collections fees
7.2 Waive the Statutory rule of requiring the ordinance to be considered and voted on for passage at two council meetings prior to the meeting at which it is to be finally passed be suspended.
7.3 Finally adopt after legal publication by law, Ordinance No. 225 an ordinance amending Chapter 106 Collection of Solid Waste, specifically Collections fees
7. Resolution 920 Approving Letter of Engagement with Dorsey and Whitney as the City’s General Bond Council for the purpose of the proposed issuance of General Obligation Corporate Purpose bonds.
8. Resolution 921 setting the date for public hearing and additional action on proposal to enter into General Obligation Corporate Purpose Loan Agreement and to borrow money thereunder in a principal amount not to exceed $3,600,000.
9. Mayor’s Update
10. Public Works Update
11. Public input for items not on the agenda. Comments are limited to 3 minutes.
12. Set next Regular Council Meeting to be held Monday November 15 at 7:00 pm, at City
Hall Council Room, 480 3rd Avenue, Atkins Iowa.
This Notice is given at the direction of the Mayor pursuant to Chapter 21, Code of Iowa, and the local rules of the City of Atkins, Iowa.