City of Atkins Iowa – City Council Meeting Regular Session
Tuesday, March 8, 2022, at 6:30 p.m.
Library Room, City Hall, 480 Third Avenue, Atkins Iowa, 52206
Instructions to access the meeting using teleconference application Webex; Webex.com
– Video is not needed but may be available.
Meeting number is 2550 966 4345 password sMgiqZJ32J3
Meeting opens 15 minutes prior to the start time.
(Click Here for meeting link)
Without webex, Call the telephone number 1-510-338-9438
Enter access code 2550 966 4345 # password 76447953 # you will have access to hear
and speak. *6 will mute and unmute your device.
Contact the City Clerk at 319-446-7870 or email email@example.com if you plan to
speak before the Council.
NOTICE AND CALL OF PUBLIC MEETING. The Mayor and Council welcome
comments from the public during the public input time. You are required to state your
name and address for the record and to limit the time used to present your remarks in
order that others may be given an opportunity to speak. The order of business is at the
discretion of the Chair. The audio portion of this meeting may be recorded.
Opening guidance to conduct the meeting using teleconference application Webex. To
Mute audio only device (cell phone or landline), *6 will mute and unmute.
- Call to Order and Roll call by Mayor Bruce Visser
- Approve the agenda.
- Council comments concerning the Consent Agenda items and motion to approve.
a. Approve Council Minutes of February 22, 2022, March 1, 2022, and March
b. Approve Class C Liquor Lic Textile Brewery, LLC
c. List of Bills for Approval.
- Motion to reconsider Resolution 939 a resolution approving the Maximum Property
Tax Levy, Fiscal Year July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023 (FYE 23) for the City of Atkins,
- Resolution 939 a resolution approving the Maximum Property Tax Levy, Fiscal Year
July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023 (FYE 23) for the City of Atkins, Iowa.
- Resolution 940 a resolution directing the City Administrator/City Clerk to publish the
proposed City Budget for Fiscal Year July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023, and set a Public
Hearing to be held March 22, 2022 concerning the adoption of the City Budget FYE
- Motion to set a date for a City Council Work Session concerning the City Budget
- Resolution 941 Resolution Awarding General Obligation Corporate Purpose
Bonds, Series 2022A
- Resolution 942 Resolution accepting Contract for the Debris Removal in the
ROW and City Owned Properties with Bommerang Corporation of Anamosa, Ia
52205 in amount of $262,600
- Resolution 943 Resolution authorizing payment of contractor’s pay request No.
13 in the amount of $20,554.30 to Garling Construction Inc., Belle Plaine, Iowa
for the Storm Repair Site 1-6 Project 54140, Atkins
- City Attorney – Process for Selecting a City Attorney.
- Resolution 944 Resolution authorizing payment of contractor’s pay request No.
15 in the amount of $82,647.88 to Garling Construction Inc., Belle Plaine, Iowa
for the Storm Repair Site 1-6 Project 54140, Atkins, Iowa.
- Mayor’s Update:
- Public input for items not on the agenda. Comments are limited to 3 minutes.
- Set next Regular Council Meeting to be held Tuesday, March 22, 2022, at 6:30
p.m. City Hall/Library 480 3rd Avenue, Council Room.
This Notice is given at the direction of the mayor pursuant to Chapter 21, Code of Iowa,
and the local rules of the City of Atkins, Iowa.