City of Atkins Iowa – City Council Meeting Regular Session
Tuesday, April 12, 2022, at 6:30 p.m.
Council Room, City Hall, 480 Third Avenue, Atkins Iowa, 52206
Instructions to access the meeting using teleconference application Webex; Webex.com
– Video is not needed but may be available.
Meeting number is 2555 546 6980 password emMtna7YA82
Meeting opens 15 minutes prior to the start time.
(Click here for meeting link)
Without webex, Call the telephone number 1-510-338-9438
Enter access code 2555 546 6980 # password 36686279 # you will have access
to hear and speak. *6 will mute and unmute your device.
Contact the City Clerk at 319-446-7870 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to
speak before the Council.
NOTICE AND CALL OF PUBLIC MEETING. The Mayor and Council welcome comments from the public during the public input time. You are required to state your name and address for the record and to limit the time used to present your remarks in order that others may be given an opportunity to speak. The order of business is at the discretion of the Chair. The audio portion of this meeting may be recorded.
Opening guidance to conduct the meeting using teleconference application Webex. To mute audio only device (cell phone or landline), *6 will mute and unmute.
- Call to Order and Roll call by Mayor Bruce Visser
- Approve the Agenda
- Council comments concerning the Consent Agenda items and motion to approve.
a. Approve Council Minutes of March 22, 2022, Minutes
b. List of Bills for Approval
- Presentation: Doug Anderson with L B Anderson, regarding City Liability and Worker’s Compensation Insurance renewal.
- Resolution 947 A resolution to approve entering into contract with Lynch Dallas,
P.C. to provide City legal services.
- Resolution 948 A resolution to appoint the following attorney’s with Lynch Dallas,
P.C. as Interim City Attorney: Holly Corkery, Douglas Herman, and Steven Leidinger.
- Resolution 949 A resolution declaring certain property owned by the City to be
Surplus to the City’s needs and directing Disposal of the same.
- Resolution 950 Setting Public Hearing on the proposed City Budget Amendment
for Fiscal Year July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022 (FYE 22) to be April 26, 2022.
- Resolution 951 Approving the 2022 Street Maintenance Plan.
- Resolution 952 Declaring work required for Water Treatment Facility and Well as
Emergency Work Under Chapter 26(s)(b)(3).
- Resolution 953 Entering into Contract with JetCo to complete emergency repairs
for the Water Treatment Facility and Well #2.
- Resolution 954 Entering into a 36 month lease agreement with Altorfer Cat for
Excavator and Skid Load in the amount or $3,079 per month
- Mayor’s Update:
- Public input for items not on the agenda. Comments are limited to 3 minutes.
- Set Next Regular Council Meeting to be held Tuesday, April 26, 2022, at 6:30 p.m.
City Hall/Library 480 3rd Avenue, Council Room.
This Notice is given at the direction of the mayor pursuant to Chapter 21, Code of Iowa,
and the local rules of the City of Atkins, Iowa.