CITY OF ATKINS IOWA – City Council Meeting Regular Session
Tuesday, July 26, 2022, at 6:30 p.m.
Council Chambers, City Hall, 480 Third Avenue, Atkins, Iowa, 52206
Instructions to access the meeting using teleconference application Webex; Webex.com – Video is not needed but may be available.
Meeting number is 2556 718 6242# password 9c7bH7rSR2d
Meeting opens 15 minutes prior to the start time.
(Click here for meeting link)
Without webex, Call the telephone number 1-510-338-9438
Enter access code 2556 718 6242 # password 92724777# you will have access to hear and
speak. *6 will mute and unmute your device.
Contact the City Clerk at 319-446-7870 or email email@example.com if you plan to speak before the Council.
NOTICE AND CALL OF PUBLIC MEETING. The Mayor and Council welcome comments from the public during the public input time. You are required to state your name and address for the record and to limit the time used to present your remarks in order that others may be given an opportunity to speak. The order of business is at the discretion of the Chair. The audio portion of this meeting may be recorded.
Opening guidance to conduct the meeting using teleconference application Webex. To Mute audio only device (cell phone or landline), *6 will mute and unmute.
- Call to Order and Roll call by Mayor Bruce Visser
- Approve the Agenda
- Council comments concerning the Consent Agenda items and motion to approve.
a. Approve Council Minutes of July 12, 2022
b. Renewal Class B Native Wine Permit – Atkins Family Pharmacy
c. Resolution 974 approval of Minor Boundary Change Request Lots 11 & 12 Ridgeview Seventh Addition
d. Engineer Report
e. List of Bills for Approval
- Consideration Iowa Workforce and Development – Reimbursement Benefit
- Tree Removal Project – Derecho
a. Resolution 975 statement of Final Completion and Owner’s Acceptance of the Work
b. Resolution 976 release of claims.
c. Resolution 977 Final Pay Request No. 4 in the amount of $16,000 to Boomerrang Corporation of Anamosa, Iowa.
- 2022 Street Maintenance:
a. PCC Street Repairs:
1. Review engineer report
2. Resolution 978 a resolution rejecting received quotation and request for new quotes
b. 2022 Street Maintenance update
- Resolution 979 Disaster Insurance payout discussion and possible action
- Resolution 980 approving purchase truck for the public works department
- Resolution 981 Council support authorizing application to the Benton County Board of Supervisors requesting grant in support of the new fire truck.
- Resolution approving Outdoor warning siren maintenance service agreement
- Waste Management Notice of Inflation
- Mayor’s Update and Public Works Update:
- Public input for items not on the agenda. Comments are limited to 3 minutes.
- Next Regular Council Meeting to held Tuesday, August 9, 2022, at 6:30 p.m. City Hall/Library 480 3rd Avenue, Council Room.
This Notice is given at the direction the mayor pursuant to Chapter 21, Code of Iowa, and the local rules of the City of Atkins, Iowa.
Posted this 23rd day of July 2022 – Post Office / City Hall