CITY OF ATKINS IOWA – City Council Meeting Regular Session
Tuesday, October 25, 2022, at 6:30 p.m.
Council Room, 480 Third Avenue, Atkins, Iowa, 52206
Instructions to access the meeting using teleconference application Webex; Webex.com
– Video is not needed but may be available.
Meeting number is 226 809 9940 # password gqQhkFg92f8
Meeting opens 15 minutes prior to the start time.
(Click here for meeting link)
Without webex, Call the telephone number 1-510-338-9438
Enter access code # 2556 809 9940 # password 47745349 # you will have
access to hear and speak. *6 will mute and unmute your device.
Contact the City Clerk at 319-446-7870 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to
speak before the Council.
NOTICE AND CALL OF PUBLIC MEETING. The Mayor and Council welcome comments from the public during the public input time. You are required to state your name and address for the record and to limit the time used to present your remarks in order that others may be given an opportunity to speak. The order of business is at the discretion of the Chair. The audio portion of this meeting may be recorded.
Opening guidance to conduct the meeting using teleconference application Webex. To Mute audio only device (cell phone or landline), *6 will mute and unmute.
- Call to Order and Roll call by Mayor Bruce Visser
- Approve the Agenda
- Council comments concerning the Consent Agenda items and motion to approve.
a. Approve Council Minutes of October 11, 2022
b. Engineer Report
c. List of Bills for Approval
- Resolution 992 Resolution 992 Authorizing the City Administrator/City Clerk to
make the Appropriate Transfers of Sums and Record the Same in the Appropriate
Manner for FYE 2022 for the City of Atkins.
- Fire Station Project:
a. Resolution 993 A resolution to enter into contract with Terracon a
Geotechnical Engineer for the purpose of providing soil borings and geotechnical
report for fire station project.
- Resolution 994 Adopt a resolution relating to the Financing of Proposed
Projects/Equipment to Be Undertaken by the City of Atkins, Iowa; Establishing
Compliance with Reimbursement Bond Regulations Under the Internal Revenue
- Resolution 995 a resolution setting library wages.
- Discussion Tree Report.
- Discussion regarding the Arterial Commercial Zone.
- Mayor’s, Public Works, and Administrator’s update
- Public input for items not on the agenda. Comments are limited to 3 minutes.
- Next Regular Council Meeting to held Tuesday, November 8, 2022, at 6:30 p.m at
the City Park – Park Pavilion located at 320 2nd Avenue. Online access will not be
This Notice is given at the direction the mayor pursuant to Chapter 21, Code of Iowa,
and the local rules of the City of Atkins, Iowa. Posted this 24th day of October 2022,
Post Office / City Hall