Dear Members of the Benton Community School District,
As you may be aware, the school district and board have been working on a plan to improve, expand, renovate, and modernize our school facilities.
The school board and administration will be hosting public information sessions about the planned facility improvements on the following dates and times:
Monday, Dec. 12, 2022, 6:30 p.m. – this first Public Information session will be held virtually online using Zoom. Expect to receive more information about accessing the Virtual Session as well as the recording.
- Monday, Dec. 19, 2022, 6:30 p.m. – Public Information Session – at Norway Intermediate building, Norway, IA
- Tuesday, Dec. 20, 2022, 6:30 p.m. – Public Information Session – at Keystone Elementary building, Keystone, IA
- Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 6:30 p.m. – Public Information Session – at the Middle/High School, Van Horne, IA
- Monday, January 23, 2023, 6:30 p.m. – Public Information Session – at Atkins Elementary, Atkins, IA
- Potential Facility Improvements for a March 7, 2023 General Obligation Bond Referendum
Priorities identified by the Board that may be included as part of a bond referendum are:
· Improvements at Atkins Elementary School to accommodate growth
· Heating, cooling, electrical, and safety upgrades at the High School and Middle School
· A new elementary school in Van Horne to provide modern, accessible, and adaptable facilities to support the evolving needs of the district
Expect to receive an informational flyer tomorrow!
Public information sessions will be posted on our website, Facebook page, and through other media sources.