CITY OF ATKINS IOWA – City Council Meeting Special Session
Thursday, December 15, at 6:30 p.m.
Council Room, 480 Third Avenue, Atkins, Iowa, 52206
Instructions to access the meeting using teleconference application Webex; Webex.com – Video is not needed but may be available.
Meeting number is 2558 453 4587 # password TZmweqxx669
Meeting opens 15 minutes prior to the start time.
(Click here for meeting link)
Without webex, Call the telephone number 1-510-338-9438
Enter access code # 2558 453 4587 # password 89693799 # you will have access to hear and speak. *6 will
mute and unmute your device.
Contact the City Clerk at 319-446-7870 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to speak before the Council.
NOTICE AND CALL OF PUBLIC MEETING. The Mayor and Council welcome comments from the public during the public input time. You are required to state your name and address for the record and to limit the time used to present your remarks in order that others may be given an opportunity to speak. The order of business is at the discretion of the Chair. The audio portion of this meeting may be recorded.
Opening guidance to conduct the meeting using teleconference application Webex. To Mute audio only device (cell phone or landline), *6 will mute and unmute.
- Call to Order and Roll call by Mayor Bruce Visser
- Approve the Agenda
- Council comments concerning the Consent Agenda items and motion to approve:
a. Approve Council Minutes of November 22, 2022
b. List of Bills for Approval
c. Resolution 1005 approving the City Meeting Calendar for Calendar Year 2023.
d. Resolution 1006 approving the City of Atkins Iowa Fire Department Election of Officers for the Term January 1, 2023, through December 31, 2023
- Consideration of Iowa Workforce and Development – Reimbursement Benefit.
- Community Development Block Disaster Recovery Housing Grant Application:
a. Public Hearing
b. Resolution 1007 authorizing and directing East Central Iowa Council of Government (ECICOG) to submit application and associated documents for funding for the Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery DERECHO Housing Program (CDBG-DR) to the Iowa Economic Development Authority.
c. Resolution 1008 authorizing mayor to sign service agreement with ECICOG for the CDBG-DR
Derecho Grant application preparation and for the administration and project delivery of the CDBG-Dr Grant, if Awarded.
- Waste Management Contract Proposal:
a. Review proposal
b. Resolution 1009 approving Waste Management Contract three-year agreement.
- 1st Reading of Ordinance 227 An Ordinance Amending the Code of Ordinance of the City of Atkins, Iowa, 2005, Amending Provisions Pertaining to Temporary Suspension of Services.
- Mayor’s, Public Works, and Administrator’s update.
- Fill a City Council Vacancy:
a. Council to hear comments from persons stating intention to be considered for appointment to the City Council to fill a vacancy on the City Council. Each person’s comments are limited to 3 minutes.
b. Resolution 1010 appointment to fill a vacancy of one seat on the Atkins City Council.
- Public input for items not on the agenda. Comments are limited to 3 minutes.
- Next Regular Council Meeting to held Tuesday, January 10, 2022, at 6:30 p.m. City Hall/Library 480 3rd Avenue, City Council Room.
This Notice is given at the direction the mayor pursuant to Chapter 21, Code of Iowa, and the local rules of the City of Atkins, Iowa.
Posted this 13th day of December 2022, Post Office / City Hall