CITY OF ATKINS IOWA
City Council Meeting Regular Session
Tuesday, February 28, 2023, at 6:30 p.m.
City Hall Council Room, 480 Third Avenue, Atkins, Iowa, 52206
Instructions to access the meeting using teleconference application Webex; Webex.com – Video is not needed but may be available.
Meeting number is 2556 268 7966 # password jM9MR6NmCC3
Meeting opens 15 minutes prior to the start time.
Without webex, Call the telephone number 1-510-338-9438
Enter access code #2556 268 7966 # password 56967666# you will have access to hear and speak. *6 will mute and unmute your device.
Contact the City Clerk at 319-446-7870 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to speak before the Council.
NOTICE AND CALL OF PUBLIC MEETING. The Mayor and Council welcome comments from the public during the public input time. You are required to state your name and address for the record and to limit the time used to present your remarks in order that others may be given an opportunity to speak. The order of business is at the discretion of the Chair. The audio portion of this meeting may be recorded.
Opening guidance to conduct the meeting using teleconference application Webex. To Mute audio only device (cell phone or landline), *6 will mute and unmute.
- Call to Order and Roll call by Mayor Bruce Visser
- Approve the Agenda
- Council comments concerning the Consent Agenda items and motion to approve:
a. Approve Council Minutes of February 9, 2023, and February 14, 2023
b. List of Bills for Approval
c. Engineer Report
- Comprehensive Parks and Open Space Plan Proposal:
a. Receive Planning and Zoning Commission’s recommendation.
b. Resolution 2023-02-03 Entering into contract with Snyder and Associates to establish a Comprehensive Parks and Open Space Plan for the City of Atkins.
- Water Source Study Update:
- Urban Renewal Plan Amendment:
a. Overview of Urban Renewal Plan Amendment
b. Public Hearing on Proposed Amendment to Atkins Urban Renewal Area
c. Resolution 2023-02-04 to Approve Urban Renewal Plan Amendment for the Atkins Urban Renewal Area
- Maximum Property Tax Levy Revenues Fiscal Year Ending 2024:
a. Public Hearing – Maximum Property Tax Levy Fiscal Year Ending 2024
b. Resolution 2023-02-05 a resolution approving the Maximum Property Tax Levy, FYE
24 for the City of Atkins, Iowa.
- Mayor’s, Public Works, and Administrator’s update.
a. Mayor’s report
b. Administrator’s report
- Public input for items not on the agenda. Comments are limited to 3 minutes.
- Next Regular Council Meeting to be held Tuesday, March 14, 2023, at 6:30 p.m. City Hall/Library 480 3rd Avenue, City Council Room.
This Notice is given at the direction the mayor pursuant to Chapter 21, Code of Iowa, and the local rules of the City of Atkins, Iowa.
- Posted at Post Office / City Hall on this 24th day of February 2023