Belle Plaine City Council Meeting
Council Chambers – Belle Plaine City Hall
Wednesday March 15, 2023 @ 6:30 pm
- Call to order
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Consent Agenda, Council minutes of February 27, 2023, Council minutes of March 1, 2023, receiving a tiling of minutes from the from the February 28, 2023, Belle Plains Community Library Board of Trustees meeting a. bills received.
- Resident Comments
- Discuss for possible approval the third and final reading of Ordinance 23-01, an Ordinance repealing Chapter 111, and granting to Interstate Power and Light Company a non-exclusive electric franchise for the City of Belle Plaine, Iowa and imposing a 3% franchise fee.
- Discuss for possible approval the third and final reading of Ordinance 23-2, an Ordinance repealing Chapter 110, and granting to Interstate Power and Light Company a non-exclusive natural gas franchise far the City of Belle Plaine, Iowa and imposing a 3% franchise fee.
- Police Report Chief Hudson
- Belle Plaine Municipal Airport Report: Bruce Gapstur
- Need a motion to sot the public hearing for the 2023-2024 budget for April 5, 2023, In the BP Council Chambers at 1201 8″‘ Avenue, Belle Plaine, Iowa @ 8:30 pm at the regular Belle Plaine, City Council meeting.
- Discuss for possible approval of the contract with Mosquito Control for 2023.
- Motion to approve having Mayor sign the documents involving the IEDA CDBG-DR Grant.
- Discuss for possible approval Resolution 23-03-02; a resolution authorizing execution of a contract with ECICOG for CDBG-DR Gram Administrartion a Project Delivery Services.
- Discuss for possible approval Resolution 23-03-03; a resolution adopting a policy on the use of excessive force for the CDBG Block Grant program.
- Discuss for possible approval Resolution 23-03-04; a resolution adopting required policies for CDBG Funding.
- Discuss for possible approval to grant a utility credit ($201.28) at 1305 2nd Avenue, Belle Plaine, Iowa created by a broken pipe in the basement.
- Discuss for possible approval to grant a utility credit ($82.88) at 1001 9th Avenue, Belle Plaine, Iowa created by a toilet leak In the basement.
- Based on recommendation from Parks and Recreation Board, discuss for possible approval a contract for porter-pot rentals for 2023.
- a. City Treasurers Report (February)
b. City Budget Report (February)
c. Solar Report
- Committee of the Whole – None
- City Administrator’s Report: Update on current projects.
- Mayor’s Report: Evaluatlons
- Correspondence: None
- Old Business: None
- Resident Comments
- Consideration of a motion to go into Closed Session – Iowa Code 21.5 Closed Session: concerning the evaluation of the City Administrator:
1. A governmental body may hold a closed session only by affirmative public vote of either two-thirds of the members of the body or all of the members present at the meeting. A governmental body may hold a close session only to the extent a closed session is necessary for any of the following reasons: i. To evaluate the professional competency of an individual whose appointment, hiring, performance, or discharge is being considered when necessary to prevent needless and irreparable injury to that individual’s reputation and that individual requests a closed session.
- Motion to come out of Closed session.
- Motion a. proposal on the actions taken from closed session.
If you need accommodations to attend a Belle Plaine City Council meeting, please contact Title VI Coordinator/city Administrator or Mayor @ 319-444-2200 for arrangements.
Posted March 10, 2023